Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Cheerio Australia, nice of you to tag along and make up the numbers ;)

It's been fun, call us if you're short for Euro 2012 :p

But so far we actually, sadly, have been the team 'making up the numbers'. Everyone thought it would be North Korea but unfortunately us :(

Look forward to seeing your attempt at changing that tomorrow, although I do think Ghana will be too strong. Unfortuantely I'm playing cricket, so highlights will have to do.

It'll only be my 2nd (and then 3rd for the following game) that have not watched live. Annoyingly my college ball is tonight (Couldn't have picked a worse day!) but hoping to still be able the watch the game. They better have a TV there!

You're going well so far. I've missed quite a few. I had watched 7 out of the first 8 iirc, but with school on I've barely been able to watch any. Last night I didnt get to see any games :/

God is great. Loving this. Now we need to play hard against the Aussies and win the game. Hopefully Aussies can fight out a draw against Ghana.

What a great match that was. Serbia should have finished the game though. One shot was hit on the post, one shot on the bar and one went over the goal.

If you bet against Serbia, who topped their qualification group, and have Nemanja Vidic, one of the better central defenders in world football, then you really didn't take a lot of time thinking about that bet...

Had A2 exams, so didn't see the match, but at least Germany weren't rampaged, and played well with 10 men from match reports. Disappointed with Podolski. Cacau and Marin should really start the next game. Should be a good challenge for the young German side - let's see if they can handle the pressure against Ghana.

Last edited:
Lol so much for Germany being the hot favorites., looks like we made them look a lot better than they were. This of course has screwed up our chances of making it to the next round, going to need to win both matches now.

C'mon Aussie, we need to win this one. Otherwise i'm afraid Soccer might fall down in popularity here.

NZ beat Serbia, Serbia beat Germany, Germany smashed Australia

Therefore NZ>Australia :D

Lol so much for Germany being the hot favorites., looks like we made them look a lot better than they were. This of course has screwed up our chances of making it to the next round, going to need to win both matches now.

The red card in the Australia match might have slightly inflated the scoreline. The red card in the Serbia match cost them.

Are you questioning Germany's team based on their inexperience?

No offense but I think your statement is baseless. If you did watch the German Bundesliga, you would see their quality. I certainly believe they are no where near worse than the Euro 2000 team. Even Lahm, has stated that his is the best he has worked with. Maybe a tad over-exaggerated, but it does have some truth to it.

Since when is the Bundesliga of such a great quality. Bayern Munich is the only team out of Germany that can has the ability to do well in the Champions League.

This German team is inexperienced & unproven. No Ballack, Frings, Metzelder, Schweinstiger & is definately overated. No way should they have been touted has WC favorites.

Plus their EURO 2000 squad & this one is the same when it comes. I have never been been that impressed with much German squads this 2000s era. They never have much flair players like a Rooney, Messi, Robben, Pirlo etc - but i respect them for always playing as a team.

Users who are viewing this thread