Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Probably a draw now best result for Germany. That means, if Aussie wins then it'll be...

Germany- 4
Ghana- 3
Australia- 3
Serbia- 1

COME ON GERMANY! If everyone is on 3 points going into the final round a draw wont be good enough for us probably seems we conceeded 4 against Germany, unless we hammer Ghana

Klose needs to really think about what he has done. Mindless stupidity. Talking about mindless stupidity just saw a replay of that handball by the Serbian guy...mad....utterly mad....what was going through his brain? He stretched and reached to get his hand on the ball....mad!!!

ARGGHHHHHHH. Goddammit Germany! This isn't meant to happen! fling

Australia's equation - Win (both games) or we're out.

First pen they've missed since 1982! Let's hope the rot sets in... :banana2

World Cup's waking up now - pity we still can't get a proper atmosphere thanks to those vuvuzela things. And to think they could be coming over here to ruin the League atmosphere as well - let's hope our fans use them sensibly - for corners, freekicks, breaks in play. Not just blowing on them incessantly, SA. It means nothing.

Even if we win both games, can we still get through?

I am pretty sure we won't be able to fix up our net run rate (?).

Even if we win both games, can we still get through?

I am pretty sure we won't be able to fix up our net run rate (?).

Goal Difference (Goals scored minus goals conceeded)

If we win both games we'll be on 6 points and get through. Lets say we beat Ghana tomorrow, the table will look like this:

Germany 3
Ghana 3
Australia 3
Serbia 3

Then if we win agaist serbia last round, and say Germany win (Doesn't matter if Ghana wins, just switch Germany with Ghana) it will be

Germany 6
Australia 6
Ghana 3
Serbia 3

But if we draw, it'll be

Germany 6
Serbia 4
Australia 4
Ghana 3

We won't make it because of our poor GD

EDIT: If Germany/Ghana draw and Australia/Serbia draw it would be interesting. Everyone would be on 4 points... Germany would get through, then it's out of Ghana/Serbia. (Unless we beat Ghana by 5 goals lol)

Last edited:
Cheerio Australia, nice of you to tag along and make up the numbers ;)

Although Serbia were poor, Vidic was excellent. The penalty he gave away was very stupid but that is probably the best I've seen him play, and as I have posted before, I don't rate him that highly.

Like I said, this makes the group very interesting. Ghana will be in the driving seat if they beat the Aussies tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread