Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

If Cahill gets more than one match then soccer is officially the softest sport by far.

We've beaten Ghana before a I believe we definately should again. Not sure about Serbia, didn't they lose to New Zealand?

Ghana are one of the strongest African teams and Serbia's team are full of great players.

I want Australia to get through but I can't see them doing it.

It won't be a three match ban, straight reds in World Cups are 2 matches at most. I would hope FIFA see sense and make sure it is a 1 match ban at most.

Without Cahill for the next match, Australia will struggle. If they do not beat Ghana, then I think they are heading out because I can't see Germany slipping up against Serbia.

I didn't really understand what Australia were attempting to do. They tried to press Germany from the front but they were outnumbered in midfield. Ozil was a free man and ran the show. They also played the defence very high up and considering Germany's fast strikers and excellent off the ball movement, this seemed strange and was clearly exploited. Germany's off the ball movement was excellent and Ozil was brilliant - but Australia were questionable tactically.

Ballack has been alright this season. But, Khedira looks extremely solid in the same position, so I don't see the fuss over missing Ballack. In fact, Adler, Westermann and Rolfes, especially Rolfes, are much bigger losses.

Yes i watch football & have been watching since EURO 96. No way is this current German team better than any of the teams they have had in past tournaments that i've seen. This is clearly their worst (almost on par with the failed EURO 2000 team).

Serbia and Australia now fighting to avoid going without a win. This ████ happens to us every time. We do great in qualifiers and fearsome tweak up in the actual tournament because guys are idiots.

Apparently Bresciano (know I've spelt it wrong) and Kennedy were not in good enough form to play. I don't understand that, we need them playing.

Yes i watch football & have been watching since EURO 96. No way is this current German team better than any of the teams they have had in past tournaments that i've seen. This is clearly their worst (almost on par with the failed EURO 2000 team).

Are you questioning Germany's team based on their inexperience? No offense but I think your statement is baseless. If you did watch the German Bundesliga, you would see their quality. I certainly believe they are no where near worse than the Euro 2000 team. Even Lahm, has stated that his is the best he has worked with. Maybe a tad over-exaggerated, but it does have some truth to it.

Meanwhile, Carragher believes the Germans may have an advantage over the other World Cup favourites - because the much talked about adidas ball has been used in the Bundesliga since January.

No side has impressed as much as Joachim Low's men so far following their 4-0 thumping of Australia on Sunday.

"It gives them an advantage. That is obvious," said Carragher.

"The ball is different. Every training session we do we always start by passing 30 or 40 yards to each other just for that reason alone.

"I am sure it has helped Germany. It is an advantage of course. We were watching the game and I had two or three texts about it."

Source

Did not know that. Sort of explains why they looked so much comfortable with it than the other have so far.

The ball thing is a load of bollocks. I've only actually seen 3 genuine strikes with the ball (Ronaldo, Gervinho and Alonso). The difference in the ball would be so subtle it's unnoticable.

Users who are viewing this thread