Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Adidas says it warned teams about the Jabulani

Schaikvan said the Jabulani ball had been supplied to all countries in February and had been used extensively in Germany's Bundesliga as well as by France and Argentina - who are sponsored by adidas - and other leagues in Austria, Switzerland, Portugal and the US.

The ball was also tested by Chelsea, Real Madrid and AC Milan. Schaikvan said there had been no complaints but conceded that altitude in South Africa was undoubtedly a factor.

There's another article that says that 51% of the players at the World Cup have had regular practice with the ball, but not one of them is part of the England squad.

One of the German keepers Hildebrand said that even though he had used it before in the Bundesliga, he'd not feel comfortable when someone would shoot at him, and thinks there'll be more mishaps by goalies as the tournament goes on.

Germany centre back Per Mertesacker described it as ‘like a small cannonball’, while his team-mate Marcell Jansen added: ‘It seems to have been made more with strikers in mind than defenders or keepers, because it is so crazy and unpredictable’.

And, that's from another article. So, even the German defenders and goalkeepers weren't too thrilled with the ball. There were lots of goals in the Bundesliga, and a good number of good goals, so I doubt that the ball is a major issue. And like they've said, 51% of players at the tournament have used the ball before, so while Germany may look comfortable with it, other teams should probably be comfortable with it too.

If anything the ball is impossible to keep below the bar from long range. All the free kicks so far this World Cup have been dreadful.

If anything the ball is impossible to keep below the bar from long range. All the free kicks so far this World Cup have been dreadful.

Forlan got that one to dip. Wasn't a free kick, but still.

Klose gets a red card and two minutes later Serbia scores!

I'll tell you what, the ref's had an absolute shocker but it doesn't half make things interesting. He's got every decision right apart from when it comes to giving out cards. No player should be sent off after 35 minutes for getting two yellows. However, now Serbia have scored it should open the game up even more, as well as the group.

The World Cup has kicked into life over the past 3 days!

OMG. Podolski missed the penalty. I tipped a draw in this game so I'm hoping either Serbia win or it's a draw.

Although, if Germany lose and we win, then everyone's even leading up to the final round. We could end up on top!

Oh I just love it when this happens to Germany! Naughty but nice!

Indeed: a German missing a penalty!!!! :eek: (Maybe the world will end in 2012 then... :D )

Worst referee I've ever seen, this one - he's terrible. Still, at least it's happening to Germany. :D

Bonus: This makes Australia's continued presence in the tournament rather tenous as well. :) :laugh ;) :p

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Adidas says it warned teams about the Jabulani

There's another article that says that 51% of the players at the World Cup have had regular practice with the ball, but not one of them is part of the England squad.

One of the German keepers Hildebrand said that even though he had used it before in the Bundesliga, he'd not feel comfortable when someone would shoot at him, and thinks there'll be more mishaps by goalies as the tournament goes on.

And, that's from another article. So, even the German defenders and goalkeepers weren't too thrilled with the ball. There were lots of goals in the Bundesliga, and a good number of good goals, so I doubt that the ball is a major issue. And like they've said, 51% of players at the tournament have used the ball before, so while Germany may look comfortable with it, other teams should probably be comfortable with it too.

According to the Mirror, a consignment was sent to the FA, but it 'went missing'. Typical FA. :sarcasm

Or we could finish last. Germany need to win (Germany 6, Ghana 3, Australia 0, Serbia 0). Then if we can beat Ghana: (Germany 6, Ghana 3, Australia 3, Serbia 0). We rely on Germany to beat Ghana and we only need a point against serbia.

Serbia could still end up chucking this away. They look more unsure against ten Germans than eleven.

Users who are viewing this thread