Group F: Ireland, Pakistan, NZ, SL

^^ Right fair enough. Good to see they picked a player who's performed on the domestic front. He's got a hundred in twenty20s but has an average of 31... not very consistent. But i suppose if he pulls it off he can take the game away. But i recalled he struggled in England against the swinging ball.

^^ Right fair enough. Good to see they picked a player who's performed on the domestic front. He's got a hundred in twenty20s but has an average of 31... not very consistent. But i suppose if he pulls it off he can take the game away. But i recalled he struggled in England against the swinging ball.

Yeah he did, but this isn't test cricket is it. The swinging ball shouldn't be a problem in 20/20 cricket. I never really liked him early on, but he has improved a lot. And I wouldn't be surprised too see him go to Sri Lanka.

Redmond said, during an interview with BBC, that he was only half an hour away from the stadium. So he was probably playing County Cricket or vacation in England.

Sri Lanka and New Zealand to go through to the semi's. With Sri Lanka winning it. ;)

Pakistan and SL now the favourites to go through this group. Going to take some effort by the Kiwis to beat SL especially with all the injuries they have.

Who are the injured players now of New Zealand?

Ryder got replaced by Redmond, who actually played a better innings then Ryder. Franklin and Vettori played today in the match against Pakistan, so the only injured player now left is Ross Taylor. New Zealand could have replaced him if they wanted. These players were listed in the underlying link, so as I see it New Zealand is almost fully fit.

New Zealand fret over injury list
New Zealand fret over injury list | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Basically everyone has a niggle. Ryder is a loss, despite what Redmond did - 1 good innings against a bad side we would have hammered anyway. Ryder's bowling isn't to be forgotten about. Fact is, injuries make guys a bit rusty and some of them are carrying injuries. Vettori's still actually injured, he's just having painkilling injections.

I really don't think our batting has to take too much blame. Pakistan bowled well and it was a really stupid idea to bat first. We got that wrong big time. It's 20Twenty and people have to accept that every side will have a batting collapse because of the way teams play. It's why teams get knocked out early over Ireland etc. It becomes more to do with luck and just having off-days costs you games.

Last edited:
Who are the injured players now of New Zealand?

Ryder got replaced by Redmond, who actually played a better innings then Ryder. Franklin and Vettori played today in the match against Pakistan, so the only injured player now left is Ross Taylor. New Zealand could have replaced him if they wanted. These players were listed in the underlying link, so as I see it New Zealand is almost fully fit.

New Zealand fret over injury list
New Zealand fret over injury list | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Kyle Mills is carrying a niggle, so is Vettori. Ian Butler isn't fully fit either. Ryder is still a loss, he is a lot better then McGlashan and Oram at the moment and if Ryder was here one of them would most likely miss out.

If we had a fully fit team it would look like this.

1.McCullum
2.Redmond (He should of been there from the start)
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.Styris
7.Franklin
8.McCullum
9.Butler
10.Vettori
11.Bond

Using Redmond at the top of the innings would be the best option I guess, Ryder can bat anywhere.

Last edited:
Now that's a decent team.

What are our chances vs. Sri Lanka? Not very good.

Malinga, Murali and Mendis will kill us.

Just saw the highlights. That attempt to catch Afridi on last ball by McCullum was hardly required with so many casualities in your team. Could have hurt his shoulder badly.

Now that's a decent team.

What are our chances vs. Sri Lanka? Not very good.

Malinga, Murali and Mendis will kill us.

Ireland came close to New Zealand's total today, even with these bowlers. So that's a good sign for New Zealand.

Ireland came close to New Zealand's total today, even with these bowlers. So that's a good sign for New Zealand.

errrrr, you mean Sri Lanka's. Totally! We have a chance to go through and knock out SL which is all that counts. This game is do-or-die. 50/50. It's T20 so either side probably has about equal chance. I think we should chase. SL didn't do a great job of setting against Ireland and we are better at chasing.

Users who are viewing this thread