Group F: Ireland, Pakistan, NZ, SL

Sri Lanka are a tough team to chase against, Mendis, Murali and Malinga were very good last night. I would rather us bat first.

We are still ahead of Sri Lanka's run rate so a win will do it, thought after the Pakistan game we would probably need to thrash Sri Lanka big time. Will be a very tough game anyway and certain under preforming players must step up if we are to have any chance.

I'm hoping somehow Pakistan end up at the top of the table so we can avoid facing South Africa in semi-finals. Need a huge win over Ireland, and a close game between NZ-SL for that to happen.

Also, if Ireland beat Pakistan we make it through in-fact. We have enough scenarios in our favor.

I'm cheering for Ireland tonight. I'm gonna watch it. I'm not ruling the upset out either. Pakistan are inconsistent and have lost to Ireland before. I really really want to see Pakistan go down.

I'm hoping somehow Pakistan end up at the top of the table so we can avoid facing South Africa in semi-finals. Need a huge win over Ireland, and a close game between NZ-SL for that to happen.

That's what I've been thinking since Pakistan's win against New Zealand. I rather see South Africa in the final then in the semi-final. But Pakistan have to win against Ireland, before that to happen.

I wish we were playing tonight :( Ah well, hopefully we'll give Sri Lanka a run for there money tomorrow night. It actually could turn out alright with Taylor's injury, as well as all the other players little niggles.

So I guess for tonight its; GO IRELAND!!

Two ways to get into the semis, either beat Sri Lanka or have Ireland beat Pakistan. If the second option happens we need to make sure we don't lose to Sri Lanka badly.

unlikely! but,tell me one thing.If we just beat SL and PAK also beats IRE,will we go to the semis at the expense of SL?
how are the NRR's at the moment?

bcvstheworld added 4 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

ok.just studied the points table.if we beat SL,we go to the semis along with PAK.

Go Ireland!!!!!!

They played well last night so lets hope they can pull of an upset here.

Well there were no upsets and washouts today. All New Zealand can hope now is that they beat Sri Lanka. Hopefully Ross Taylor will play for them.

Are Pakistan going to play at Trent Bridge, Nottingham for their semi finals?...I hope they are so I can watch them:upray

Users who are viewing this thread