Group F - ITALY, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Haha, well done you Kiwis, embarassing those Serbians and the █████ they have for fans. :D

and you do geography :facepalm :D

I'll say to you what I say to everyone else, that is not what you do in the subject geography at school... :noway
Like my exam today is on Muriwai, so much crap I need to learn in the next one hour.

And you take Geography.... :p

I wouldn't take too much from the victory - it was just a friendly. But it does give us great confidence heading towards the cup :) I think it has piqued the interest of all NZers now, everyone wants to know how the All Whites are going, etc. Soccer (Football :p) is undergoing a rapid rise in status in NZ.

That question was more History than Geography anyway. How have the other teams in the group been doing in their warm up games?

And you take Geography.... :p

I wouldn't take too much from the victory - it was just a friendly. But it does give us great confidence heading towards the cup :) I think it has piqued the interest of all NZers now, everyone wants to know how the All Whites are going, etc. Soccer (Football :p) is undergoing a rapid rise in status in NZ.

ala Australia 2006. Seriously, the sport was practically unknown here but after that World Cup it has become hugely followed by far more people...

Looks like it's having a similar effect with New Zealand 2010.

tbh, do we really care?

To get an idea if we can beat them or not :D

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

ala Australia 2006. Seriously, the sport was practically unknown here but after that World Cup it has become hugely followed by far more people...

Looks like it's having a similar effect with New Zealand 2010.

But you got into the top-16. It's still uncertain whether we'll even be able to get a point :p

It was popular just from reaching the group stages. I watched my first ever full football matches in the 06 WC when I watched all the Aussie ones.

How have the other teams in the group been doing in their warm up games?

Paraguay (31st) beat Korea DPR (105th) 1 - 0
Paraguay lost to Ireland (41st) 2 - 1
Paraguay drew with Ivory Coast (27th) 2 - 2

Slovakia (34th) drew with Cameroon (19th) 1 - 1

Italy are yet to play any warm-up matches.

Italy are yet to play any warm-up matches.

Are they going to play any warm-up matches before the World Cup?

J-Psychic added 6 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Just checked. Italy will be playing Mexico on 3rd June before facing Switzerland two days later on 5th June. And Mexico sure are playing a lot of warm-up matches against the bigger nations.

Mexico just beat basically a full strenght Italy team.

While ENG missing a few players & generally playing patchy beat a full strenght Mexican side. Good omen for England i'd say.

Mexico are my dark horses this year. They looked much fitter than Italy. Guess that extended friendly schedule has helped them a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread