GTA IV on PC

rocklara

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
So then guys, what video card is there on the market to run GTA IV on full "texture quality" on the "highest" setting then?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Depends on the resolution. If you're talking 1680x1050 and above, there are hardly any. Any lower and you might do with a GTX 280. Above that there's the GTX 295 but I don't know about any SLI issues with GTA IV.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
So then guys, what video card is there on the market to run GTA IV on full "texture quality" on the "highest" setting then?

Apparently nothing will run it perfectly above 24" or so. 4870x2, can't exactly imagine any problems with that.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Well i would imagine that the 4850/4870x2 cards with 2048mb on board GDDR5 memory would be able to run it. Not much else though. :rolleyes:

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys, get the 1.0.2 patch ASAP. It really boosted the FPS about 4-5 frames more. Also the guys at R* have added scalability options for shadow, reflection, water etc. So customizing these, people with average systems should be able to play the game at reasonable FPS. Previously, the shadow, water detail, reflections etc were linked to the resolution the game being played on and have to do a lot in bringing down the FPS. Hopefully now, as its customizable, the game can be optimized more freely.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Guys, get the 1.0.2 patch ASAP. It really boosted the FPS about 4-5 frames more. Also the guys at R* have added scalability options for shadow, reflection, water etc. So customizing these, people with average systems should be able to play the game at reasonable FPS. Previously, the shadow, water detail, reflections etc were linked to the resolution the game being played on and have to do a lot in bringing down the FPS. Hopefully now, as its customizable, the game can be optimized more freely.

So it's actually worth grabbing for the PC now, even with my current specs? I haven't got my new ATI card yet...

shan111

Associate Captain
So it's actually worth grabbing for the PC now, even with my current specs? I haven't got my new ATI card yet...

I dont think its is, yet. For playing GTA IV smoothly, you need a quad core CPU and a decent GPU. In fact, the CPU is more important than GPU in GTA IV. It probably uses 3 threads (heard it somewhere) and so quad core is a must for GTA IV.
If you can afford you can go for the new i7 940 & i7 920 CPU... it runs the game real good.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
I dont think its is, yet. For playing GTA IV smoothly, you need a quad core CPU and a decent GPU. In fact, the CPU is more important than GPU in GTA IV. It probably uses 3 threads (heard it somewhere) and so quad core is a must for GTA IV.
If you can afford you can go for the new i7 940 & i7 920 CPU... it runs the game real good.

i dont think so even with my c2d e7300 @ 2.66ghz
and a crap 9400 gt it give quite good preformance
Code:
Statistics
Average FPS: 20.42
Duration: 37.16 sec
CPU Usage: 74%
System memory usage: 89%
Video memory usage: 78%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: High
Reflection Resolution: Medium
Water Quality: High
Shadow Quality: Medium
View Distance: 43
Detail Distance: 100
Definition: Off
VSync: Off

Hardware
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 
Video Driver version: 177.79
Audio Adapter: Realtek HD Audio output
Intel Pentium III Xeon processor

File ID: Benchmark.cli
after using patch 1.0.2.0

shan111

Associate Captain
i dont think so even with my c2d e7300 @ 2.66ghz
and a crap 9400 gt it give quite good preformance
Code:
Statistics
Average FPS: 20.42
Duration: 37.16 sec
CPU Usage: 74%
System memory usage: 89%
Video memory usage: 78%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Reflection Resolution: Medium
View Distance: 43
Detail Distance: 100
VSync: Off

Hardware
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 
Video Driver version: 177.79
Audio Adapter: Realtek HD Audio output
Intel Pentium III Xeon processor

File ID: Benchmark.cli
after using patch 1.0.2.0
Average of 20 FPS is'nt really smooth gameplay... a lot of times it may suddenly drop to a unplyable resolution of 17-18 FPS as it used to happen with my 8800GTS GPU. For a smooth gameplay, one need to have an average FPS of atleast 27 and up. Here's my benchmark:

Statistics
Average FPS: 23.66
Duration: 37.69 sec
CPU Usage: 95%
System memory usage: 92%
Video memory usage: 84%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Reflection Resoultion: High
View Distance: 35
Detail Distance: 90
VSync: On

Hardware
Microsoft? Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Video Driver version: 180.84
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Why don't R* release a demo, so we can gauge for ourselves?? If GTA IV needs quad core then stuff it for now, I have no plans to upgrade my CPU right now. New GPU + PSU will probably cost the best part of ?180 as it is...

shan111

Associate Captain
How many of you guys play GTA IV in multiplayer? I've been playing multi for some time. I really liked it; especially the multiplayer. But I guess they could've implemented some punkbuster or other anti-cheat solutions. There's quite a few known cheaters/hackers in the top level of this multiplayer. But aside that, it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread