India's Tour Of Sri Lanka Jul-Aug 2012

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess Varun Aaron probably missed out due to zonal quota, but that's just a guess.

BTW with all due respect to Sachin Tendulkar, I wonder why he opted for rest. The players have certainly got good amount of rest after IPL, and Sachin is not gonna play the T20 WC too, so I wonder why he opted out. He either needs to retire from ODIs or should make himself available for every series.

Sachin is just keeping the top order confused because when he plays he always opens, so it's never clear that what is the permanent opening pair for India, whether it's Sachin-Sehwag or Gambhir-Sehwag!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
What the fearsome tweak? Where is Varun Aaron? He looks better ODI bowler then both Vinay Kumar and Ashok Dinda.

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Virat Kohli
4. Rohit Sharma
5. Suresh Raina
6. MS Dhoni (capt and wk)
7. Ravichandran Ashwin
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Pragyan Ojha
10. Umesh Yadav
11. Ashok Dinda

A balanced ODI side with 5 pure batsmen, a keeper and 5 pure bowlers.

I don't think India will go with that team. I am pretty sure they will go with World Cup kind of team with 7 batsman and 4 bowlers. So something like this:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Rohit
Manoj/Rahane
Dhoni
Raina
Ashwin/Rahul
Zaheer
Dinda
Umesh

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I guess Varun Aaron probably missed out due to zonal quota, but that's just a guess.

BTW with all due respect to Sachin Tendulkar, I wonder why he opted for rest. The players have certainly got good amount of rest after IPL, and Sachin is not gonna play the T20 WC too, so I wonder why he opted out. He either needs to retire from ODIs or should make himself available for every series.

Sachin is just keeping the top order confused because when he plays he always opens, so it's never clear that what is the permanent opening pair for India, whether it's Sachin-Sehwag or Gambhir-Sehwag!

I agree with you this time! Sachin needs to be more open about his future ODI prospects. The opening conundrum has recently plagued India and has led to enough controversies. Sachin's retirement in ODI's will solve the solution big time. Its time Sachin hangs up his boots in ODI.

----------

Sehwag and Raina to bowl 10 overs then?

Both these two will be more than useful on Sri Lanka's slow and turning wickets.

This would be my XI:

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
V Kohli
R Sharma
M Dhoni
M Tiwary
S Raina
R Ashwin
P Ojha
U Yadav
A Dinda/Zak

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sehwag and Raina to bowl 10 overs then?

Raina, Rohit and Kohli to bowl 10 overs. I don't think Sehwag will bowl. I have never seen a 5 man bowling attack under Dhoni, what made you think he will do it this time? Every time there is either Yusuf or Jadeja or Irfan as a 5th bowler.

S

Satan666

Hey the guy is old and way past his use date, he needs plenty of rest.

----------

I agree with you this time! Sachin needs to be more open about his future ODI prospects. The opening conundrum has recently plagued India and has led to enough controversies. Sachin's retirement in ODI's will solve the solution big time. Its time Sachin hangs up his boots in ODI.

Yeah, its time he hangs up shis boots in test also. I doubt he would retire from the ODI, sure he is looking forward to the next world cup and probably the one after that.

----------

Raina, Rohit and Kohli to bowl 10 overs. I don't think Sehwag will bowl. I have never seen a 5 man bowling attack under Dhoni, what made you think he will do it this time? Every time there is either Yusuf or Jadeja or Irfan as a 5th bowler.

Very stupid if they do go that way, Kohli is a good part timer and thats it.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Very stupid if they do go that way, Kohli is a good part timer and thats it.

We are talking about that 10 overs only. Raina, Rohit and Virat all three of them will bowl few bowlers to make up for 10 overs from a fifth bowler.

Epic

Panel of Selectors

Uhm, because none of the 3 guys you listed were picked?

----------

And during the World Cup we had Yuvraj Singh to bowl out the 5th bowlers quota, he's obviously not in the squad now.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Uhm, because none of the 3 guys you listed were picked?

----------

And during the World Cup we had Yuvraj Singh to bowl out the 5th bowlers quota, he's obviously not in the squad now.

Well try to read what I wrote in the post. Because none of those 3 guys are there, Dhoni has to go with part timers like Raina, Rohit, Kohli to finish those 10 overs. I think I have never seen Dhoni going with 5 man bowling attack so I am assuming he will do the same thing and will bowl out those 10 overs with part timers.

Yuvraj was a part timer before WC as well but he did well on WC so we started considering him as a fifth bowler.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
thats india bowling weakness, the bowling is not strong anyway and then you have 10 overs wasted by bowling them by part timers

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
To look to the future and to extend his test career,Tendulkar needs to go from ODIs. It definetly upsets the balance of the team as he is very much adamant upon the opening spot. His performances too have gone unquestioned of late. Just cause he is a superstar,does not mean that he can take the country for a ride.

We need a squad for teh 2015 World Cup if we are to defend our title and those people need to be given adequate matches to prove their worth. Also, I believe , it is time we look beyond the like of Raina and people like Jadeja as well.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Sucks if its true. He was suffering an injury during the IPL too, and participated in the second half of the competition. One more injury is terrible. Its not a good sign if he is injury prone at such a young age.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
that is not a good news aaron at the young age itself getting injury prone just like pat cummins

Users who are viewing this thread