International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

it's not just that fact they were all out for a low score , it's the time the game has finished in , am i right in saying thats a 2 day test match ?

Playing the test match and its bloody hard sri lanka on 256/3 67 overs. May be i am just crap :)

Last edited:
Playing the test match and its bloody hard sri lanka on 256/3 67 overs. May be i am just crap :)

And maybe SpitFires is one of those players who are really good and need to play with the HUD completely off. That's probably why Trickstar included the HUD off option.

Can I just ask you a question Spitfires, it looks as though Swann has got most wickets, with Cook catching, is this because he was fielding at the short mid off position, and were they ridiculously good catches that were slammed at him, this used to happen in AC09 iirc.

If this is the case, then I hope they can correct this with a patch

Cook was at 1st and 2nd slip.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

it's not just that fact they were all out for a low score , it's the time the game has finished in , am i right in saying thats a 2 day test match ?

Yep inside 2 days actually.

SpitfiresKent added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

And maybe SpitFires is one of those players who are really good and need to play with the HUD completely off. That's probably why Trickstar included the HUD off option.

I tried HUD off with batting and found it very VERY hard.

Seems like the opening/higher order batsmen do well, then the middle/lower order collapse like an Italian striker in an opposition penalty box - really worrying signs. I'll be livid if this is the case.:mad:

Now im going to make you feel a little bit worse, then a little bit better!!

England (me) v South Africa (ai) at Jo'Berg

Already been told the pitch is good fro bowling and will turn.
During the game when Swann is bowling bumble pipes up and says how far swann was turning it and what a tricky wicket it was for the batsmen.

South Africa 124/7 at Lunch
Smith 48
Boucher 24*
Kallis 15

Now again a worrying performance, even though enjoyable to play!

Anderson 9-0-33-2
Broad 9-2-43-1
Bresnan 4-1-22-1
Swann 8-2-24-3

Smith got settled and looked good, strangely its the bad balls i have bowled that have been slapped straight to the fielder!

I have had 2 LBW's and 1 Bowled.

Now for he slightly better news i played this!

West Indies (me) v South Africa (Ai)

After Day 1, they were 287-4!

So make of this as you will.
Does the pitch make that much of a difference!!? i think so!!

However my feelings are that when bowling with England you seem to have an edge!

I remember Kammy write up, 2 unlicensed teams seem to have better games!!

wealey88 added 2 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Playing the test match and its bloody hard sri lanka on 256/3 67 overs. May be i am just crap

Commments like this show its possible! you cant be that bad because they are not going at a stuupid run rate!

Now im going to make you feel a little bit worse, then a little bit better!!

Now for he slightly better news i played this!

West Indies (me) v South Africa (Ai)

After Day 1, they were 287-4!

So make of this as you will.
Does the pitch make that much of a difference!!? i think so!!

However my feelings are that when bowling with England you seem to have an edge!

I remember Kammy write up, 2 unlicensed teams seem to have better games!!

wealey88 added 2 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Commments like this show its possible! you cant be that bad because they are not going at a stuupid run rate!

Interesting scores there. I am test man myself, dont really like the hit and bash so I am so keen to hear of anyone getting past three days on tests.

I agree with that.

SpitfiresKent added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Didn't use Swann in the 1st innings but did in the 2nd.

Figures: 12 overs 6/41.

Have the stats been updated? Swann s best figures shown now?

I have been playing on hard, both test matches that I have started have been great, first one is Pakistan v India playing at Karachi, India are 170/4 off 43 overs, second match England v Pakistan at Lords, England are 178/3 off 55 overs.

Maybe I just suck at this game, but for me thus far it has been realistic on Tests.

I think they've focused on edges too much so now nearly all wickets come from edges, well thats what I've concluded from spitfires review

Little update lads.

Ten overs have been bowled since Lunch and now the South Africans are digging there heels in.

170-8

Boucher 55* has played superb knocked it around and Parnell has 2 (28) litterally has left and defended everything and placed and missed at a fair few.

124-7 to 170-8 is showing some fight.

Dutchy im a test man myself so i will do all i can do to see how it plays out.

I still get impression England with the ball seem to have an edge.

Im Presuming Kammy your Pakistan?!

I have been playing on hard, both test matches that I have started have been great, first one is Pakistan v India playing at Karachi, India are 170/4 off 43 overs, second match England v Pakistan at Lords, England are 178/3 off 55 overs.

Maybe I just suck at this game, but for me thus far it has been realistic on Tests.

I had one collapse yesterday apart from that its been good. AI has played well. Sri lanka now on 422 for 7 in 133 overs man this is hard. I think i just
suck at this game

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one collapse yesterday apart from that its been good. AI has played well. Sri lanka now on 422 for 7 in 133 overs man this is hard. I think i just
suck at this game

Nice run rates! Keep it up! Hopefully you can play a few days into a test. Hope someone reaches a cliff hanger on day 5 or even battles for a hard fought draw!

Fightback over Boucher last man to go for 70!

195 all out after being 124-7

Thing is you cant be bad and get such good run rates becuase if you bowl badly they will hit you. So your putting the ball in the right areas!!

I don't like what I am hearing...

It seems that the problem is with England bowling. The balance between England and other countries might be wrong. I don't like the fact that nearly all wickets have come from edges - that is not realistic at all. In the interview, didn't Heath say that you would have to earn wickets and the AI would not give them away. :doh That was a major thing I hated about AC09, it was too easy to get the AI out. I hope a patch is released to correct this because again it seems a test match will not last the full five days. Everything else sounds good and thanks to people who have taken the time to write about their experiences so far. :clap

Dont get too down just yet though! It has only been myself and Spitfires game using England where the AI has struggled. The rest have been good!

Im playing WI v Aus now to see how that goes!

Will keep you posted.

When SA posted 195 it was said to be a bad pitch was also overcast. I have also had 3 LBW's and 1 Bowled!

Users who are viewing this thread