International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

I'm not bowling anymore but yes i was using that ''annoying close fielder''. think i got 4-3 wickets via him. :D

So, just like in AC09, if you want a wicket, put a fielder in that position and sooner or later, it'll go to him. :doh

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Maybe they have included England Collapse feature. That will be so realistic.

England don't collapse that much anymore - indeed, no more or less than any other team. :sarcasm

MasterBlaster76 added 5 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Hey that Donkey guy posted a bunch of videos

YouTube - ipl1982uk's Channel

Well, going by that, there's a lot more content this time round at least.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Quite glad I didn't pre-order this, might end up picking it up anyway but I want to see how the PC reviews pan out.

Sensible lad - that's what I'm going to do as well; since there's no demo, I need some in depth reviews - and they need to mention whether the game improves on vanilla AC09, or beta patched AC09.

Update

Australia 152-5 at Lunch

To be honest its hard to tell what the AI Do.

I have played 3 innings so far to experiement and the following have occured.

Aus 152-5 at Lunch
SA 195 all out (so called bad pitch)
SA 327-4 at Stumps!

So make of that as you will. I have changed nothing and bowled the same.

Strange thing to say but when you dont involve England or Australia you appear to get a better match.

Kammy in his game has seen great innings and SRK has had the Lankans bang up near to 500!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

vanilla AC09, or beta patched AC09.

I played both. and it is. Especially with the action cam.

Investigating tests out at mo. But 20-20 and ODI are superbly paced and spot on and very enjoyable!

i have just started a t20 super league and to be honest i have really not
seen any stat tracking. Yes you do get hawk eye and in game
stats but as a tournament stats there is nothing. May be its
just me missing something?

But guys this game is well worth having. I will play online only
friday onwards i really do not to be banned.

I am currently playing on hard mode t20 lost my 1st match by 8 runs. India scored 168/7 and i got out for 160. Superb cricket game. After long time
i am enjoying a cricket game.

No stupid runouts. I had one run out but that was genuine. Superb ai pacing. I love the new broadcast view while
bowling it does make you feel as if you are watching cricket. I am bit sad
about stat tracking. Trickstar and codies are in right track, more licences
and stats would make this game a huge.
Ipl superleague is superb as well.

Few key point before i sum up:

1 AI pacing is really good well done to all the pc guys for that.
2 quite a few ground shots as well lofted shots as well.
3 AI still pull and hooks the full length deliveries. Thst really annoys me :(
4 bounce to full length is still quite high but good length is fixed and works very well.
5 there definately more edges and they carry :)
6 more lbw's and bowled the AC09 and it is satifying.
7 AI can collapses while chasing big runs i.e i was playing on normal mode t20 and i scored 234 i managed to get australia out for 101 runs becuase they were trying to smack me around. But on hard mode i have not
won any matches till yet with the hud on minimum i am still finding hard to time ball.
8 The action is what realy makes this game i am
lovin it :D

9 power stick is another great feature and work really well with action cam. Cant wait to play it online.
10 new bowling system works really well and it is
more enjoyable than AC09.

You mean 'action cam'? That sounds like the 'groundbreaking' feature in this game.

Can't believe they still haven't sorted out the full length hook rubbish! Does it happen with human player as well (you want to play a leg glance, but the game gets out a big wafting hook and gets you out as well?)

Update

Australia 152-5 at Lunch

To be honest its hard to tell what the AI Do.

I have played 3 innings so far to experiement and the following have occured.

Aus 152-5 at Lunch
SA 195 all out (so called bad pitch)
SA 327-4 at Stumps!

So make of that as you will. I have changed nothing and bowled the same.

Strange thing to say but when you dont involve England or Australia you appear to get a better match.

Kammy in his game has seen great innings and SRK has had the Lankans bang up near to 500!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

I played both. and it is. Especially with the action cam.

Investigating tests out at mo. But 20-20 and ODI are superbly paced and spot on and very enjoyable!

That's good news - any decent improvement, or maybe a mix of beta 1 and beta 2 would be superb. I love the sound of action cam - does it work well with batting and bowling?

Could someone post a list of the tournament content, or is that available in a different thread?

Wicket

13.1 Overs 44/2

Dravid gone G.Swann Caught by A Strauss 9 (21)

wicket

17.2 Overs 64/3

Tendulkar G.Onions caught by Cook at covers 10 (14)

Last edited:
Eww caught in the covers

Can we have more ODIs and T20s, I'll get it if both of those are good.

wicket

22.1 overs 92/4

g.ghambir Bowled by Stuart Broad Full length yorker. 61 of (64)

Right lads ODI's and 20/20 are in my opinion the nuts!

I was not a fan of Ashes cricket 2009 and its pacing etc but this is a massive step up.

SRK funny how you use England and start getting the wickets? They seem to bowl teams out very easily.

Action cam masterblaster is superb... love rolling up with Slim Benson ( Suliman Benn) and watching it turn etc.

Aus at 45 overs are now 201-8 still no massive improvement but something feels odd when playing with Eng or Aus.

This may sound bizare but hear me out, when bowling with England wickets seem to come by easily. When bowling to the Aussies they seem to be too confident resulting them smashing the ball to the fielders.

Anyway delivered the best ball i have produced in a cricket game, getting one to straighten to Hussey off Edwards Hussey shouldrs arms crashed into his pads umpire had no choice to give him the finger!!

Once i have bowled the Aussies out, is there anything you guys without the game would like me to do?!

Right lads ODI's and 20/20 are in my opinion the nuts!

I was not a fan of Ashes cricket 2009 and its pacing etc but this is a massive step up.

SRK funny how you use England and start getting the wickets? They seem to bowl teams out very easily.

Action cam masterblaster is superb... love rolling up with Slim Benson ( Suliman Benn) and watching it turn etc.

Aus at 45 overs are now 201-8 still no massive improvement but something feels odd when playing with Eng or Aus.

This may sound bizare but hear me out, when bowling with England wickets seem to come by easily. When bowling to the Aussies they seem to be too confident resulting them smashing the ball to the fielders.

Anyway delivered the best ball i have produced in a cricket game, getting one to straighten to Hussey off Edwards Hussey shouldrs arms crashed into his pads umpire had no choice to give him the finger!!

Once i have bowled the Aussies out, is there anything you guys without the game would like me to do?!

You quite right mate it seem much eaiser of a game when playing england or australia. let see how this game goes.

wicket

24.0 over 98/5

v.Laxman run out. 9 (18) funny incident that. laxman played a staight drive hit the other batsman they decided to run and bowler picked it up and knock the bail off.

Last edited:
I'm sure the other teams performing better, but it is still disappointing because I wanted to play as England. What makes it worse is they are one of the licenced teams!

Flow diagram of my thoughts on IC2010 so far:
:banana2 --> :yes --> :) --> :noway --> :( --> :facepalm --> :doh

Sorry for the exaggeration but this is how I feel about this bug.

Do you have the game? If this is just based on what you are reading on PC then please STFU

To be honest even though wrong, it would suprise me if the two licensed teams were slightly overpowered.

Quick update guys.

At lunch 30.0 overs india at 132/5 recovery going on by AI here. yuvraj and dhoni playing well hitting the bad balls aways. Let see how it goes.

Here are my bowling figures:

J Anderson 9.0 0 39 0 Eco of 4.33
s Broad 11.0 2 39 2 Eco of 3.55
g swann 7.0 0 38 1 Eco of 5.43
g.onions 3.0 0 16 1 Eco of 5.33

yuvraj and dhoni partnership of 34*. indian scoring rate is 4.38 per over.

Got the game today done the tutorials first man there boring.

Anyway, im playing a 5 test series in aus as england, basicaly an ashes series, on hard difficulty.

Got put in to bowl first.

Current scorecard: Aus 40/1
Watson: n/o 12 (30)
katich: c Strauss b Sidebottom 22 (46)
Ponting: n/o 0 (2)

First impressions bowling alot more enjoyable im having to work really hard to try and get any edges or batsmen errors, almost got a sweet lbw with sidebottom just going a bit leg side, in ashes you would have been afraid to put it there as you knew you would be hit for 6.
Had no play and misses as yet, im just bowling good line and length consitantly hoping to get more breakthroughs this way.
Just had 4 overs with swanny bowled tidy enough no chances of wickets yet, i definately feel much more dangerous with the spinner this time round im not giving anything away.
So hopefully ive got a long hard fought test ahead. more updates soon.

Well........
Australia 213 all out
Clarke 56* (134)

If im honest may not be the greatest score by the Aussies but i had ALOT of fun bowling.

Toiling away with Benn at one end saw special deliveries such as him bowling Ponting through the gate with one that turned.

Then nothing more frustrating that thundering in with Taylor and Edwards at the end at 90+ mph only for Bollinger and Hauritz to inside edge there way past the stumps holding on for grim death.

Then the site i have enjoyed the most Edwards to Bollinger inswinger, Bollinger stumps sent cartwheeling backwards!

Oh and Benn got to raise the ball for his 5fer!

wealey88 added 4 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Flow diagram of my thoughts on IC2010 so far:
--> --> --> --> --> -->

Mate bit dramatic no one has said anything bad really yet. Its just the test match AI batting that is under slight question!
Not posted by hMarka

Last edited:
Well........
Australia 213 all out
Clarke 56* (134)

If im honest may not be the greatest score by the Aussies but i had ALOT of fun bowling.

Toiling away with Benn at one end saw special deliveries such as him bowling Ponting through the gate with one that turned.

Then nothing more frustrating that thundering in with Taylor and Edwards at the end at 90+ mph only for Bollinger and Hauritz to inside edge there way past the stumps holding on for grim death.

Then the site i have enjoyed the most Edwards to Bollinger inswinger, Bollinger stumps sent cartwheeling backwards!

Oh and Benn got to raise the ball for his 5fer!

wealey88 added 4 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Mate bit dramatic no one has said anything bad really yet. Its just the test match AI batting that is under slight question!

i am not even questioning that. i think its a great game. The test i am playing is really enjoyable. i had sucess now india are building some momentum and scoring bit freely i mean 4runs an over.

Users who are viewing this thread