International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Dont get too down just yet though! It has only been myself and Spitfires game using England where the AI has struggled. The rest have been good!

Im playing WI v Aus now to see how that goes!

Will keep you posted.

When SA posted 195 it was said to be a bad pitch was also overcast. I have also had 3 LBW's and 1 Bowled!

Ah nice. It might have been said already but do atmospheric conditions and pitch types have an effect on the ball? If I remember from Ashes 09 this wasnt the case....

Guys of those who are having good games... how much of the hud have you got on while bowling!

Iv got Aus 75-2 they were 22-2 i really hope i cant keep rolling teams out!!!

Guys of those who are having good games... how much of the hud have you got on while bowling!

Minimum for me mate

srk121 added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Whats the score now?

They will have lost another few wickets for sure. I can see a pattern developing.

Robot Bowler added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

How easy is it to bowl maiden overs?

just had a game online with spitfire connection ok not great, but i find this game plays better wired if you are able to ,

sorry to say fielding defo needs sorting out , far to easy to run two's! basically your getting two's instead of singles and at time 3's instead of two cause they are so slow , really not good enough codemasters on that front , spinners online seem too easy to score of again , and you can still move the bowling indicator at the last minute although i try not to do this, much better game but still got game breaking bugs for me :crying

I'm not to keen on the online, the only tactic you seem to be able to use is the ''Slower'' ball and it just gets very boring and repetitive.

Regarding the AI, i think my poor batting compliments their low scores, i'm struggling to chase a victory target of 65!

hi got the game yesterday, did the tutitions first,
there ok bit boring,
then just messed around in varys modes ,i have to say this is a
major inprovement to ac09. theres been a lot of care put into it,
the graphics , the game modes , the ai etc.
it just feels like alot of effort has been made to get a decent cricket game considering its out so quick after ac09.
There will be some problems with it , but people worrying about how long the test lasts and runrates etc is a little petty , when you have so much postive stuff in , the action cams are tops , the bowling is great , the best out there , the batting cam takes a bit to get use to but if you have played any cricket at any level you soon know what shot should be played for that delivery AND you have to allow FOR the wicket as well...
OR have no huds then it will last longer!!!
If they make the game yearly then happy days..

For are Pc MEMBERS who cannot get the game for a bit will put 3 more uk magazine reviews up on that thread later, will keep yer going till october :noway

Wish i hadn't turned the computer on now! Test are my passion and im not liking what im reading!
If you are finding the bowling to easy cant you turn off all huds for bowling? Then turn on what you need when batting? Is that an option?
Also if i can ask, has anyone had a single bye or leg-bye extra score? Dont think i EVER got a single point from them on ac09.
And also has anyone got a wicket catching off a glove? And is it safe to leave a spin delivery? As in you havn't been stumped out from leaving one yet?!

Last edited:
Just to confirm guys, i had to pop out. But do not forget we have had low scores and other lads have had bigguns.

In one of my games the AI were 280-4.

So relax!

Ill continue with the AUS v WI game now and let you know how it pans out if you like!

right guys i am playing test match at oval on good pitch England (me) and india (AI) they won the toss and elected to bat.

7.5 Over 20/1

V.Sehwag is out Caught by cook at shot cover 3 (22) will keep you posted.

9.0 over gone.... Ghambhir decided to take on the attack for this over he score 12. Hit me for a six through cover and lofted mid off fielder for an boundry. let hope the AI don't go bezerk here. 9.0 32/1

Last edited:
I have heard a lot about how this game is a great improvement, but what is it improving on? How many of you played the beta patches for PC AC09 - has this game made 'great improvements' on that, or just great improvements on the vanilla game (which the consoles were stuck with)? If it's improved on the beta patches, that's great. If not, it sounds as all they've done is improved the console version to the level of the beta patches.

Or not.

In the beta patches, the test match run rate was much more realistic - teams were not getting bowled out in 46 overs... :doh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread