International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

70 overs: India 299/3 Tendulkar 138* Laxman 27*

This is turning out to be a day to forget for the South African unless wickets fall quickly in the remaining 20 overs.

Steyn has looked the most threatening beating the bat and finding the edge but is yet to find that wicket taking ball. His 18-2-91-0 at 5.06 is now getting exspensive as Tendulkar looks to cash in.

Morkel with 19-3-0-63 has been the most economic at 3.32 but ironically the least threatening.

Harris with 16-2-78-3 has grabbed the wicket 2 gift and one classic delivery to pick up Dravid but he now is feeling the force of Tendulkar.

Anything now that is slightly offline or length to Tendulkar is getting punished. The rate is increasing with him the crease as you would exepect.

Just to give you an idea of the balance of gameplay in total there have been 18 4's and 3 6's hit.

wealy88 i am you must be finding this such an satisfying expirience. Sri clobberd me 496 runs and india scoring 313 has made me think and think how
much has gone into making this game.

Ealry days but such enjoyable game. After getting bowled out for 64 ai folowed
on right now i am on 67 for 1 so trying to save the
match right now. Hard work

I've noticed as well if you play on seaming pitch and overcast weather you will pick up early wickets, as the ball gets older and the day goes on it gets easier for batting

74 overs: India 317/3

I need this new ball, Harris has become useless against the set batsmen and apart from the odd play and miss im getting no where!

SRK your right mate its fantastic.

So pleasing to see after i got South Africa out for 195 and Aus for 216

Like Jazz says, I reckon the pitch/conditions must make a huge difference, I rattled through the Aussies at Lords, but couldn't buy a wicket in Cape Town.

Oh and the ball, I was much more succesful with the Dukes than the Kookaburra

Last edited:
End of day 4

South Africa 478 all out (after being 43/3)

England (Me) 402 all out (Was 379/3 at one point)

South Africa 297/5

Going to be a good last day !

End of day 4

South Africa 297/5

Day 5 :eek: my god 1st time i am hearing this in a cricket game

South Africa 297/5

This my friends is what its all about!!

80 Overs: India 343/3

Bad times for the Proteas!

New Ball will be taken straight away i have no choice!

One pleasing thing was that Kallis came on and beat the outside edge on 3 occasions in the last over with beautifull away swingers!

When its so hard you get a real sence of achievement!!

Like Jazz says, I reckon the pitch/conditions must make a huge difference, I rattled through the Aussies at Lords, but couldn't buy a wicket in Cape Town.

Yep like David Loyd also hints at it while commentating saying different bowlers with different actions get more or less swing.

Wealey have you tried reverse swing?

weather does play a huge part in the game. Not only for AI but for human as well. Bad batting and ur OUT!

One pleasing thing was that Kallis came on and beat the outside edge on 3 occasions in the last over with beautifull away swingers!

oh my your getting your backside handed to you. I know when they were 43/4 i was like this is easy then they got 400 odd :O. What a game though !

81 overs: 350/3

Just to say new ball is visably more shiney lol!

Also is swinging definitely more!? Batsmen in first over left 4 out of the 6 deliveries.

They have not been in leaving mode!

any reverse swing? Man these are some good scores. Weather
and pitch plays huge part in this game.

You must be rubbish at bowling, or have poor field settings because i have found it quite easy to get wickets on this game.

You must be rubbish at bowling, or have poor field settings because i have found it quite easy to get wickets on this game.

What sort of scores AI setting you? May be i am just crap :) how easy? Getting wicket whenevr you want! Or you have to work for it?

Users who are viewing this thread