International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

You as a paying customer have every right to be upset... so far this is what I have seen...

1. In tests AI has not scored much - all out for 170 odd in 46 overs and there were 20-30 no balls in that total as stated by the person who played the Test. Plus there were a few dropped catches as well :(

2. Most of the boundaries are lofted shots in a test match :noway

3. No bowleds or LBWs to speak off - most of the wkts were catches

4. Short cover/close-in cover has once again taken majority of catches (3-4) :facepalm

5. Wickets still seem to be random and not based on a well thought out strategy to get a batsman out. Looks like you mix up your deliveries and eventually AI will mistime it to a fielder :doh

Granted that's based off only one game but pls note that the person was playing the game for the first time. If he can get Aus out in a Test Match for 170 odd first time he plays, imagine what happens after you have played a few times and know AI's weaknesses.

Are we talking hard mode here???

dutchad added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

umm I never said that. Apologies are not my cup of tea

Ha ha! That will be the day: an apology from Grievously Bodily Harmy!

You as a paying customer have every right to be upset... so far this is what I have seen...

1. In tests AI has not scored much - all out for 170 odd in 46 overs and there were 20-30 no balls in that total as stated by the person who played the Test. Plus there were a few dropped catches as well :(

2. Most of the boundaries are lofted shots in a test match :noway

3. No bowleds or LBWs to speak off - most of the wkts were catches

4. Short cover/close-in cover has once again taken majority of catches (3-4) :facepalm

5. Wickets still seem to be random and not based on a well thought out strategy to get a batsman out. Looks like you mix up your deliveries and eventually AI will mistime it to a fielder :doh

Granted that's based off only one game but pls note that the person was playing the game for the first time. If he can get Aus out in a Test Match for 170 odd first time he plays, imagine what happens after you have played a few times and know AI's weaknesses.

Some are saying it's something to do with the pitch...well bumble did say it had a bit of pace in it. :D

Did you fellows try the tutorials? Perhaps you are not hitting the right areas or bowling the proper delivers to knock the timber

Sorry for being a Richard Gere as in Dick, but wat mode are you guys playing on? Plus what is Ai fielding like? Do they still run like they have had a valium shot before the match or their nappies need changing? Do they try to get the ball near the boundary.....do they......can't believe I am going to use this word.......dive???????:eek::p

So by the sounds of it no lbw's or bowled wickets so far,

Is it wrong that im so annoyed about the same things that were wrong in ashes look as though there back again, and i aint even got the game till tomorrow.

Also any close in catches for a spinner ie: bat pad, silly point.

I have got plenty of bowleds when i batting, missing straight ones off a good length (6-8m).

Also good to see bowlers bowling at correct speeds. Hopes bowls at 80mph for example.

Only played 5 overs batting of a t20 and gotta say the action cam really is very immersive

Did you fellows try the tutorials? Perhaps you are not hitting the right areas or bowling the proper delivers to knock the timber

Yeah tried a few tutorials, very boring though.
When bowling i was bowling a good length, to hit the stumps you have to move the analog stick forward a touch and a caption will state ''Hit wicket/Lbw''. Now i'm guessing the reason i didn't get more than one bowleds and no Lbws at all is because i was constantly bowling a good length because that was how i was getting the wickets.

No they don't dive on the boundary, but they do in the infield but it's like an unecessary dive.

Sounds very good so far, i new it would not be perfect. Also if there is problems with the ai, then codemasters can improve for there next game. If they did this well in less than a year i cant wait for the future. I bet they will read the forums in the next week or so, if you guys made the game i bet you would want to have a look:hpraise

Well my first T20 on easy
I england and batted first
i got 135 all out from1 5 overs
now i'm just about to bowl, if u want ill post the scores of the players

UPDATE:

Test Match: Lord's.
Hard Mode.
Australia (AI) v England (ME)

Australia 179 all out in 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)
Haddin 19 (29)

England 73/3 in 25 overs.
Cook 30* (60)
Collingwood 28 (59)
Pietersen 6 (8)
Strauss 4 (23)

It's time for me to take a break, i will post more later.

^^^
Thanks for keeping us posted... reps for you

Users who are viewing this thread