Pakistan in India

Gambhir with Tendulkar and Ganguly filling middle order slots.

Gambhir
Sachin
Ganguly
Yuvi
Uthappa
Dhoni
Irfan
Bhajji
Kartik
RP/Praveen Kumar (he is an allrounder and swings the ball both ways performed well in challenger series)
Zaheer

where will sehwag be?:p

He meant Sehwag partnering Gambhir and Sachin and Ganguly following up.

Feel sad for Dravid. One day, he was the king. Now, he has been reduced to a mere mortal. But he was the easy scapegoat. Did Tendulkar get this when he went through a horrid run of form? Sehwag in after one innings of 75??? Why not Suresh Raina? He scored 92 in the first match and has scored 64 again in this match (where Sehwag scored 75). Again Raina has scored it in very quick time. When you already have 4 openers, why go for a fifth one?

It again re-iterates that Indian cricket is in the wrong hands, and unless something miraculous happens (or divine intervention for those who believe in it), Indian cricket is GOING NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!

Feel sad for Dravid. One day, he was the king. Now, he has been reduced to a mere mortal. But he was the easy scapegoat. Did Tendulkar get this when he went through a horrid run of form?

It again re-iterates that Indian cricket is in the wrong hands, and unless something miraculous happens (or divine intervention for those who believe in it), Indian cricket is GOING NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!
That was my point exactly.There are different rules for different players.Ganguly was dropped and now its dravid.Trust me its all happening becoz of vengsarkar's ego.

I think this article will help.

Part of a method or plain madness?

Siddhartha Vaidyanathan

October 27, 2007
Anyone for beaver-like innings building? © Getty Images

Two years ago, on another October evening, a day after another Challenger Trophy, the national selectors decided to 'rest' another former Indian captain. Sourav Ganguly, then out with a mild injury, was left out of the Indian squad for the first two matches of the home series against Sri Lanka and needed to wait another year and a half before his next one-dayer.

Now it's Dravid who faces the brunt. 'Rest' is a commonly used euphemism in Indian selection circles and what it means is anyone's guess. Dilip Vengsarkar, the current chairman of selectors, has said "he will be back soon" but also added "fitness and fielding have become very important in the one-day game so he will have to show it playing for his state". Logic suggests that Dravid has been dropped for his fielding. If true, there will be a few in the squad dashing to the nearest gym. Incidentally Dravid's replacement, Virender Sehwag, is no Asafa Powell and has done little to deserve a recall.

'Rest' tells you nothing about the selectors' motives. Have they decided to give Dravid a break to regain his form? If so will his performance in a four-day Ranji Trophy match tell them anything? Do they have a plan to phase out the seniors? If so will Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar be rested too? Have they even kept Dravid in the loop? Has there been a serious thought given to the balance of the side? If so why are there five openers in there?

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/317345.html

Last edited:
Gambhir
Sachin
Ganguly
Yuvi
Uthappa
Dhoni
Irfan
Bhajji
Kartik
RP/Praveen Kumar (he is an allrounder and swings the ball both ways performed well in challenger series)
Zaheer

where will sehwag be?:p

My team would be:

V.Sehwag
G.Gambhir
Y.Singh
S.Tendulkar
S.Gamguly
MS.Dhoni*+
R.Uthappa
P.Kumar/RP Singh (who would go 11), if it is a fast, bouncy track
I.Pathan
Z.Khan
M.Kartik

I am not happy with Harbhajan Singh in ODIs, his containment job simply plays batsmen in and prevents them trying silly shots until the latter overs.

Feel sad for Dravid. One day, he was the king. Now, he has been reduced to a mere mortal. But he was the easy scapegoat. Did Tendulkar get this when he went through a horrid run of form? Sehwag in after one innings of 75??? Why not Suresh Raina? He scored 92 in the first match and has scored 64 again in this match (where Sehwag scored 75). Again Raina has scored it in very quick time. When you already have 4 openers, why go for a fifth one?

This was the right move for Dravid presuming he returns for the 3rd ODI. Reading more and more of Vengasarkar's comments makes it seem that this is less and less likely. It is a shame since resting him for two ODIs would have been the right way to give him a nice month-long break but it seems his break will be much longer and may be permanent in ODIs.

Re: Your second paragraph, Pawar will not be the president of the BCCI board for much longer - change is near, next year when Manohar becomes the BCCI president.

Last edited:
Pakistan announce their 16 man odi squad

Pakistan ODI squad Shoaib Malik (capt), Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Salman Butt, Yasir Hameed, Imran Nazir, Fawad Alam, Abdur Rehman, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Rao Iftikhar Anjum.

The bolded are the selections that I am pleased with. Nice to see Fawad Alam in the side, but to my surprise we haven't gotten Kaneria in there!

EDIT : This is the ODI squad..

Tendulkar is not a bad captain, he just had a bad stint. He commands respect and has the cricket knowhow and experience to be a good Test captain - give him a second chance. Tendulkar will be more determined than anyone else to succeed. Not only is captaincy the only thing he could not do (brilliant opener, solid middle order batsman, good slip catcher, good infielder/outfielder in his day, leg spinner, off spinner and medium pacer is what he can do;)) but don't you think he would try his hardest to seek revenge on Australia who robbed him of the 2003 World Cup. There will be no lack of committment and there is no lack of attributes to be a good captain, but whether the 'je ne sais quoi' is there remains to be seen.

Seconmd chance ?-
Was'nt it Mr.Tendulkar who gave up the captaincy ?
Tomorrow if after the 2011 WC Dravid says he wants to lead again,would you let him lead ?

Revenge on Australia-
Well,:D
He should have accepted the ODI captaincy as well then.Or he can let his bat do the talking.

Revenge-well ask Ganguly to lead,he'll exact revenge.

makin him test captain is like pushin indian cricket backwards..i wud atleast be happy if kumble be the test captain...but bcci seems to make same mistakes like they did before..

sachin cmon..give aussies the whitewash series like they way u did in 1999-2000..that time it was 3-0 now it will be 4-0

I second your opinion.

Well its becoz of Vengsarkar dravid was left out.These two guys had personal ego clashes during the england tour over Sreesanth and munaf.Dravid was supporting sree and dinesh's inclusion in the team whereas vengsarkar was opposing it.Vengsarkar you are a fool.How can you left Dravid out of the team.I hope someone can kick his a**.And why is sehwag in the team.Whats the use of Raina,Tewari and badrinath performing well in the challenger series.Challenger series is looking like a joke played by fools who are in the bcci.I hope sehwag does well atleast against pakistan.

Sehwag has been included just cause he plays so well against them.
The same applies for Dravid-he always plays against Pak,but i think there is a Maratha bias in the team now.
Just look at the number of Mumbai entrants who have made it to the Team since Vengsarkar became head selector.

The 2007 average is misleading due to the hundred being scored in a dead-rubber against Bermuda. Taking it out, he averaged 28.30, not great, but not terrible either.

How many of Tendulakr's hundreds have come against such poor teams.Filter the search ,you'll find his average dips.

That was my point exactly.There are different rules for different players.Ganguly was dropped and now its dravid.Trust me its all happening becoz of vengsarkar's ego.

As i mentioned earleir,Vengsarkar and Powar have created a Maratha lobby in the dressing room.
Lalchand Rajput,Agarkar,R Powar,Munaf.

Atleast during Jagmohan Dalmiya's rule,these things were not visible.

This was the right move for Dravid presuming he returns for the 3rd ODI. Reading more and more of Vengasarkar's comments makes it seem that this is less and less likely.

Re: Your second paragraph, Pawar will not be the president of the BCCI board for much longer - change is near, next year when Manohar becomes the BCCI president.

What if Dravid decides to call it quits tomorrow.
I think he should,this would serve as a lesson to Vengsarkar.
There will be uproar in Karnataka.

Manohar belongs to Pawar group.
I'd rather have Dalmiya back at the controls than Modi-Pawar-Bindra-Manohar.

The Pakistan team for the ODI should be:

Yasir Hameed/Misbah
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Abdul Rehman
Shoaib Akthar
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif

The Pakistan team for the ODI should be:

Yasir Hameed/Misbah
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Abdul Rehman
Shoaib Akthar
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif
Your bowling attack looks scary.:mad:

It is.
Essentially India-Pakistan contests have always been Pak bowling versus India batting.

Users who are viewing this thread