Pakistan in India

Well,ppl tend to forget that Pak had an exceptional batting order in the 1990's.
You has Saeed,Ijaz,Salim,Moin.
Saeed was the India tormentor-man he used to literally thrash us senseless.

Seconmd chance ?-
Was'nt it Mr.Tendulkar who gave up the captaincy ?
Tomorrow if after the 2011 WC Dravid says he wants to lead again,would you let him lead ?

Tendulkar resigned the captaincy but jumped before he was pushed, he had a disasterous tenure.

How many of Tendulakr's hundreds have come against such poor teams.Filter the search ,you'll find his average dips.

Not a fan of filtering out performances against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Kenya or Scotland but I draw the line at Bermuda.

Lalchand Rajput,Agarkar,R Powar,Munaf.

Hmmm...Not the full coach, dropped, dropped and dropped.

What if Dravid decides to call it quits tomorrow.
I think he should,this would serve as a lesson to Vengsarkar.
There will be uproar in Karnataka.

Dravid knows damn well that he will be welcome in the test side and that the second that the one day team suffers from lack of batting strength, he will be back in the ODI side.

I know little about regional politics in Indian cricket so have not commented on those parts of your post.

The Pakistan team for the ODI should be:

Yasir Hameed/Misbah
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Abdul Rehman
Shoaib Akthar
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif

Your bowling attack looks scary.:mad:

Does it? Rehman is very good at containing but not a great wicket taker. Shoaib Akhtar is coming off a long break of competitive cricket. Umar Gul is not special and nor is Asif in ODIs. It is hardly Waqar, Wasim, a primed Shoaib and Mushtaq.

Looking forward to Sehwag Vs Akhtar but then again, who isn't?

Last edited:
My team would be:

V.Sehwag, G.Gambhir, Y.Singh, S.Tendulkar, S.Ganguly, MS.Dhoni*+, R.Uthappa, P.Kumar/RP Singh (who would go 11), I.Pathan, Z.Khan, M.Kartik

Re: Your second paragraph, Pawar will not be the president of the BCCI board for much longer - change is near, next year when Manohar becomes the BCCI president.

Its a sin to play both Ganguly and Tendulkar in the middle where both wont serve the team at all. Ganguly with his horrible running can never play in the middle order anymore. He has to open, or has to be dropped or should go out of the ODI's. I would open with Ganguly and Sehwag with Tendulkar at one down, and rotate between Gambhir, Sehwag and Ganguly.

Regarding Shashank Manohar, he is not from the opposite group. Since Pawar is attempting to become the ICC president, he has selected a namesake for the post of the president. It will be Pawar controlling Indian cricket for quite a while now until an opposite group takes birth (like how the Pawar group took birth to bring down the Dalmiya group). So Manohar coming in is not going to change things.

Its a sin to play both Ganguly and Tendulkar in the middle where both wont serve the team at all. Ganguly with his horrible running can never play in the middle order anymore. He has to open, or has to be dropped or should go out of the ODI's. I would open with Ganguly and Sehwag with Tendulkar at one down, and rotate between Gambhir, Sehwag and Ganguly.

Yes, that would be also good. The reason I feel it would be good for both to be in the middle order is simply how good both are against spin and that we can groom new openers whilst having an experienced middle order to fall back on.

Regarding Shashank Manohar, he is not from the opposite group. Since Pawar is attempting to become the ICC president, he has selected a namesake for the post of the president. It will be Pawar controlling Indian cricket for quite a while now until an opposite group takes birth (like how the Pawar group took birth to bring down the Dalmiya group). So Manohar coming in is not going to change things.

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for clearing me up on Indian cricket politics, never really understood it myself.

Tendulkar resigned the captaincy but jumped before he was pushed, he had a disasterous tenure.

Not a fan of filtering out performances against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Kenya or Scotland but I draw the line at Bermuda.

Hmmm...Not the full coach, dropped, dropped and dropped.

Dravid knows damn well that he will be welcome in the test side and that the second that the one day team suffers from lack of batting strength, he will be back in the ODI side.

I know little about regional politics in Indian cricket so have not commented on those parts of your post.

Does it? Rehman is very good at containing but not a great wicket taker. Shoaib Akhtar is coming off a long break of competitive cricket. Umar Gul is not special and nor is Asif in ODIs. It is hardly Waqar, Wasim, a primed Shoaib and Mushtaq.

Gul is not special in ODIs? Do you say that because of the pounding that he just recently got? He is a good bowler and on his day he can really do damage.

Sehwag won't survive against Asif.

You make some good points manee, but they're in between some really bad ones. Why drop Sachin and Sourav into the middle order when they've performed so well on top ? It's silly - no need to change the winning combination. One must also remember that Sehwag is naturally a middle order batsman too, so it's not like he cannot bat in the middle.

Pray, tell me what Dinesh Karthik has done to deserve his place instead of Dravid ? Also, if you think centuries against Kenya, Zimbabwe and Scotland need to be counted, then that is just foolish.

Also Umar Gul and Asif are very good bowlers, despite the latter not having a great ODI record so far.

My thoughts:

1. Sehwag should not be near the ODI team. He should be near the test team.
2. Dravid should be rested in ODI's. But he should come back sometime during the Pakistan series.
3. Badrinath, Sharma, Tiwary should play at least one game each during the Pakistan series.

You make some good points manee, but they're in between some really bad ones. Why drop Sachin and Sourav into the middle order when they've performed so well on top ?

With 5 openers, 3 of whom are young, the experience must go towards the middle order. We must blood young openers in sooner rather than later.

Pray, tell me what Dinesh Karthik has done to deserve his place instead of Dravid ? Also, if you think centuries against Kenya, Zimbabwe and Scotland need to be counted, then that is just foolish.

I phrased this wrong. I am just saying I am not a fan of filtering down stats against countries but you must do it when you get to Bermuda in a short time frame.

Same mistake we did in the world cup.
Selectors are really stupid, aren't they?
How many opening batsman are we playing-Ghambir, Sehwag, Sachin, Gangs, Uthappa. 5.
Sachin in the middle order just doesn't make sense. He must open.
Sourav-again same. He must open.

Ghambir too looks out of place in the middle. Sehwag just plain SUCKS in ODI's. Uthappa seems to be good in 4 down.
Horrible stuff. We're going to lose at least one if not both of these first ODI's for sure.

Sachin in the middle order just doesn't make sense. He must open.
Sourav-again same. He must open.

If they open, Gambhir and/or Sehwag will have to bat in the middle order, where they both haven't batted in one day cricket for a little while. If there was Rohit Sharma and Badrinath in the squad, they could bat in the middle order but it doesn't make sense for the future to put either GG or VS in the middle order.

5 openers in the squad lol..if dravid doesnt get picked up in rest of the odis..then screw bcci

Feel sad for Dravid. One day, he was the king. Now, he has been reduced to a mere mortal. But he was the easy scapegoat. Did Tendulkar get this when he went through a horrid run of form? Sehwag in after one innings of 75??? Why not Suresh Raina? He scored 92 in the first match and has scored 64 again in this match (where Sehwag scored 75). Again Raina has scored it in very quick time. When you already have 4 openers, why go for a fifth one?

It again re-iterates that Indian cricket is in the wrong hands, and unless something miraculous happens (or divine intervention for those who believe in it), Indian cricket is GOING NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!

bcci is full of politics..dravid did big mistake by resigning...

Last edited:

Let them play together then we will see.

If they open, Gambhir and/or Sehwag will have to bat in the middle order, where they both haven't batted in one day cricket for a little while. If there was Rohit Sharma and Badrinath in the squad, they could bat in the middle order but it doesn't make sense for the future to put either GG or VS in the middle order.

Ghambir has had some performances coming one down.
But against Asif and Shoaib I doubt he'll do so well there.

hahhaa..sehwag scores in challenger trophy 9,75,1 ...and vengsarkar says he was selected on a merit ...what abt raina,badrinath? sehwag is gonna make more 1 digit scores against pakistan ...wit sohaib akthar umar gul md asif..swinging the ball both ways

vengasarkar is a 2 faced person..he seem to have some problem wit dravid..during england tour..now he is takin advantage of his power...

..dravid who was made floater in this series..batted only once in 3rd postion..which his usal postion....tendulkar himself struggled at the start of the series with low scores..even aafter opening for so many years..how u expect dravid to play well wen he was send low down the order?

dravid is a selfless player..and the team management is taking advantage of him...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread