Pakistan in India

I think Dinesh has also found his slot in the fifty over game. 5.
Two really good knocks in there for the Blue's and from what I recall has his highest ODI average 3 down-around 32.

Akmal was the 4th best batsman in the test series vs. Pakistan, Pakistan's second best and he actually averaged higher than Afridi in the One dayers, that batting in a less advantageous position. Sure, his wicketkeeping has been poor of late but is it wise to give debut/reintroduce someone in such an intense series?

Akmal was the 4th best batsman in the test series vs. Pakistan, Pakistan's second best and he actually averaged higher than Afridi in the One dayers, that batting in a less advantageous position. Sure, his wicketkeeping has been poor of late but is it wise to give debut/reintroduce someone in such an intense series?

Yes. Kamran will end up costing another series because of his Wicket-keeping.

Dinesh Karthik scored a hundred yesterday.. But I want to see Suresh Raina back. he has had three fifties in three games and was the man of the series. its going to be the turning point for raina in his career. if he comes back, the fielding will receive a major boost. raina at his batting best will be superb (he is my favorite indian fielder of all time with yuvraj being an almost equal first)! i think kaif is done with. he doesnt seem to score consistently enough in domestic cricket to earn his chance.

Basic concept of a wicketkeeper is Keeping good behind the stumps, batting is just a add-on, what do you call it? Bonus.. If he can bat that?s great. We need new boy who is really good at keeping, then he can improve his skills at other fields, you know Inzamam joined our team as Bowler.

Basic concept of a wicketkeeper is Keeping good behind the stumps, batting is just a add-on, what do you call it? Bonus.. If he can bat that?s great. We need new boy who is really good at keeping, then he can improve his skills at other fields, you know Inzamam joined our team as Bowler.

Batting isn't an add on for the wicketkeepers anymore, I'm afraid. You'll understand this when you introduce a new wicketkeeper and he struggles with the bat and you complain. The fact is that chopping and changing won't help those coming in. Akmal can, with practice and improvement, return to his old wicketkeeping form and back that up with his batting.

Batting isn't an add on for the wicketkeepers anymore, I'm afraid. You'll understand this when you introduce a new wicketkeeper and he struggles with the bat and you complain. The fact is that chopping and changing won't help those coming in. Akmal can, with practice and improvement, return to his old wicketkeeping form and back that up with his batting.

how long more does he need to get back to "form" or "Improve"?? He's been playing International Cricket for 5 years now? how long does he need then?

how long more does he need to get back to "form" or "Improve"?? He's been playing International Cricket for 5 years now? how long does he need then?

He wasn't bad when he came in. But his technique has gotten worse. Wasim Bari should get off of his comfy selecting chair and teach him the proper way. This way he will hold on to catches.

Dinesh Karthik scored a hundred yesterday.. But I want to see Suresh Raina back. he has had three fifties in three games and was the man of the series. its going to be the turning point for raina in his career. if he comes back, the fielding will receive a major boost. raina at his batting best will be superb (he is my favorite indian fielder of all time with yuvraj being an almost equal first)! i think kaif is done with. he doesnt seem to score consistently enough in domestic cricket to earn his chance.

yes suresh raina shud be in team and also to the tour of australia..he can replace uthappa..if uthappa struggles wit form..also he can get a game wen yuvaraj is rested or injured ..he will strengthen the indian middle order..

also he is more experienced than badrinath at international arena so he shud given a second chance

I reckon Raina can make a good replacement for Ghambir.
Uthappa can stay. If Raina comes in he'll be moved up to 3.
I'd bring in Dinesh too for one of the spinners and bat him at around 5 or 6.

well asif isnt playing the odi series due to elbow injury...thats good news for indian team ..as he troubled them alot in recent matches

but big threat will be shoaib akthar..if he starts bowling at full speed...

I reckon Raina can make a good replacement for Ghambir.
Uthappa can stay. If Raina comes in he'll be moved up to 3.
I'd bring in Dinesh too for one of the spinners and bat him at around 5 or 6.

What ?
Raina replace Gambhir ?
No ways,Raina needs to prove himself.Gambhir is way too good.

i dont think they named one, on cricinfo it says that he will mis the 1st 3 ODIs. and to think that with a India series comign up instead of resting Asif for the entire ODI series against SAF they actually tried playing him.

Users who are viewing this thread