Pakistan in India

Is Fawad Alam that good a batsmen to be at no.4?

n not really, i wouldnt move Yousuf from #4, if Alam was to play i would play him a #6 or 7.

My thought around Fawad Alam's batting position is;

Often our teams looses quick wickets and fall under pressure. Let's take the scenario that Younus and Yousuf are both out, then Fawad Alam comes, and we all know that he must deliver to earn a future spot in the place. So there will be a lot pressure on him, and most likely he will be in a "Save Pakistan" -mission. Let's say we get a good start, 100-2. Malik & Butt are out, Younus is batting, and Fawad Alam comes. He get's good support from Younus at the other end in all ways, then Younus get's out and next man Yousuf and Fawad Alam get's more support :)
Hm... I couldn't present my scenario the best way, but hope you understood what I meant. What I am trying to say is that we should not put Fawad Alam in a pressure situation, or where it is required to save the batting or hit a lot of boundaries. Most likely batting down the order will require that, so we could use him upper the order. Also, sometimes he bats one down two down, so nr 4 or 5 could not turn out that bad! ;)

i think pak should try some new players out in the final game...rest some key players for the upcoming test such as shoaib and yousuf...and just take akmal out...FOREVER!!!

Fawad is an agressive left-hander who can bowl a bit of spin as well. He comes in at Number four for this domestic team. He is capable of hitting, but he's not a slogger.

Well...as this discussion has been going on about match fixing, I have a very good point to prove that. How can you expect a player who has got a fifty and as batting really well to get singles and doubles in the last 5 overs?? And even though the Pakistani team new about the dew factor, they still chose to bat first.

Well...At the end of the day, India was a better team and deserved to win this.

Yes, that's a perfect point, I have no doubts that they threw the match, none whatsoever.

I don't think you actually saw the end of MoYos innings did you? He was trying to be too fancy, trying to be too delicate, I think he got a little flustered tbh, wasn't quite sure what to do.

OK guys lets win the last ODI. People calm down, we only lost a game for god sake, no fixing. OMG.

I'm going with this for the Fifth:
Sachin
Uthappa
Raina
Dravid
Dinesh/Ghambir(will play at three if its the latter)
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Irfan
Praveen
Murali
Sreesanth

My predictions were close for the first two ODIs, so lets see how this pans out.

I'm going with this for the Fifth:
Sachin
Uthappa
Raina
Dravid
Dinesh/Ghambir(will play at three if its the latter)
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Irfan
Praveen
Murali
Sreesanth

My predictions were close for the first two ODIs, so lets see how this pans out.

Raina isnt even in the 15, how is he going to come into the XI? Same with Dinesh Karthik, who is not in the 15 selected for the final match?

My XI

1. Sourav Ganguly
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Robin Uthappa
4. Virender Shewag
5. Rohit Sharma
6. MS Dhoni (CAPT) (WK)
7. Irfan Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Murali Kartik
10.Praven Kumar
11.S Sreesanth[/B]

Last edited:
Sachin,Sourav and Zaheer will be rested for the final match.
KKD should keep and Sree should bowl.

Maybe Dhoni can also rest for the match with Yuvraj taking over as the captain.

Sachin,Sourav and Zaheer will be rested for the final match.
KKD should keep and Sree should bowl.

Maybe Dhoni can also rest for the match with Yuvraj taking over as the captain.

I doubt that it`ll happen, seeing that they`ve retained the same squad for the last game.
We may well see one of the fast bowlers rested along with Ganguly/Tendulkar.
KKD is`nt in the squad.
Rohit Sharma will get a look in though.

I really hope they let Fawad Alam play since he is not a part of the test squad :(

Mohammad Sami has been recalled to Pakistan's 15-man Test squad against India following an impressive start to the domestic season, while Mohammad Asif's elbow injury has all but ruled him out of the Test series as well.

Danish Kaneria and Faisal Iqbal will also be flying out to India, while Imran Nazir, Shahid Afridi, Fawad Alam and Rao Iftikhar Anjum will head back following the conclusion of the ODI series.

Squad: Shoaib Malik (capt), Younis Khan (vice-captain), Salman Butt, Yasir Hameed, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Danish Kaneria, Sohail Tanvir, Mohammad Sami, Abdur Rehman

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/story/320508.html

Oh, they sent back Fawad Alam :(
Imran Nazir, okay no need of having him there.
Even though I don't think Shahid Afridi is a test player, but we all remember what he did last time he played test matches against India...
Good, they have Sohail Tanvir in the squad :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread