Pakistan in India

Why bring up an issue from a different forum?

Ok, this is my line-up for Saturday...

1) Sourav Ganguly
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Virender Sehwag
4) Yuvraj Singh
5) Rohit Sharma
6) Mahendra Dhoni C+
7) Praveen Kumar
8) Irfan Pathan (OB1)
9) Murali Kartik
10) RP Singh
11) S. Sreesanth (OB2)

I think it is right for Dhoni to give Sree the new ball on his comeback along with Pathan who we know is brilliant with the new ball...RP Singh as first change bowler and Praveen Kumar to bowl in the middle overs

Ok, this is my line-up for Saturday...

1) Sourav Ganguly
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Virender Sehwag
4) Yuvraj Singh
5) Rohit Sharma
6) Mahendra Dhoni C+
7) Praveen Kumar
8) Irfan Pathan (OB1)
9) Murali Kartik
10) RP Singh
11) S. Sreesanth (OB2)

I think it is right for Dhoni to give Sree the new ball on his comeback along with Pathan who we know is brilliant with the new ball...RP Singh as first change bowler and Praveen Kumar to bowl in the middle overs
I agree with your team.Let Sree play.:p

I reckon open with Uthappa and Gambhir, the oldies have done their bit, rest them till the test series. No need to play them in a dead rubber.

I reckon open with Uthappa and Gambhir, the oldies have done their bit, rest them till the test series. No need to play them in a dead rubber.

Sorry but we should go for a win.And win it by 4-1.Dont give Pakistan team a little edge before the test series.
3-2 is considered as close.So we have to win it convincingly by 4-1.

Sorry but we should go for a win.And win it by 4-1.Dont give Pakistan team a little edge before the test series.

Yep, if it was at the end of a tour, then maybe yes, but we have test series coming up and it might give them momentum if they win...

yeah, we wanna go for the kill mannn! ;)

And give Sachin another chance to get a hundred

Well played by India. I think Malik's captaincy has been below ordinary recently. Why didn't he bowl himself? Or is he not allowed to bowl (I seem to remember some controversy with his action a couple of years back)?

India will probably play a very similar team for the final game. Maybe rest Ganguly who has had a poor series, and bring in Rohit Sharma. Bowling-wise I think they should give RP a rest and bring in one of the new blokes.

Well played by India. I think Malik's captaincy has been below ordinary recently. Why didn't he bowl himself? Or is he not allowed to bowl (I seem to remember some controversy with his action a couple of years back)?

India will probably play a very similar team for the final game. Maybe rest Ganguly who has had a poor series, and bring in Rohit Sharma. Bowling-wise I think they should give RP a rest and bring in one of the new blokes.

I actually agree with resting Ganguly, he has had a poor series and needs a break before the test series, he has never looked comfortable against Shoaib...

Who said we aren't trying to win?

I fully believe they are capable of beating Pakistan.

Ganguly hasn't exactly set the world alight, and I don't think Uthappa hasn't been given an opportunity to do anything (hardly) in the series so far. I reckon we can still win even without Sachin, our middle order looks tip-top.

What I meant in my last post is that I believe we can still win without Ganguly and Sachin.

Sachin might play in the last match. They wont rest him. I am game for resting Ganguly. He hasnt been in great form this series and the guys on the bench can get a chance in his place. I dont care about 3-2 or 4-1 because we will have different players for the test matches (Dravid, Kumble, Karthik, Jaffer, etc) so we wont lose any momentum to Pakistan.

Very rarely do we get dead rubbers where we have already won the series. We need to make use of it and try out the guys on the bench. Rohit Sharma, Sreesanth, Praveen Kumar, etc should play the next match. Bring back Sree guys! Without a right arm fast bowler, the attack doesnt look good at all.

I guess Sehwag might be with the team for quite sometime now. He is starting to score some useful runs, and it wont be long before he can get a big one. Seems to bring in quite some sense into his batting now to cover up his flaws, which is good. You cant change your technique overnight, but you can change some things to cover up your flaws which is what Sehwag is doing.

Last edited:
Here is my Pakistan XI for the last game;

Salman Butt
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan
Fawad Alam
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah -ul-Haq/Yasir Hameed (can promote Yasir up the order)
Shahid Afridi
Sarfaraz Ahmad
Sohail Tanvir
Shoaib Akhtar
Umar Gul

Also, Imran Nazir could play but cannot find any place for him. :rolleyes:
I want Hameed to play, Misbah has been okay but Hameed deserves at least one chance!
Fawad Alam FTW!
Malik should open again.

Users who are viewing this thread