Pakistan in India

Can anyone confirm whether DD will be showing this test series or will it be a blackout for those without NEO SPORTS yet again like they did during the Bangla series ?
Would be a pity because Iam looking forward to this test series a lot more than the ODIs .

Sadly,it will be a blackout for those without NEo seeing as DD says that people are not interested in the Test matches.

Ishant Sharma called in, what the fook is going on? What happened to Pathan?

Are the selectors blind or something???? Ronodev Bose performed suberbly in last year's ranji, taking 57 wickets in 11 matches. Did they give him any chance??? They gave Ishant Sharma a chance, Ishant Sharma...........

Munaf?
After the Challenger series? What the heck?!
I would have gone for Irfan as well. Might have even gone for someone like Bose.

He has done very well in Indian FC cricket this year. One Day performances mean nothing to Tests...

Munaf since return in 4 day cricket:

MM Patel 19.5 0 96 0 4.84 (10nb)
MM Patel 7.3 2 25 5 3.33
MM Patel 22 9 29 2 1.31
MM Patel 16 4 54 4 3.37
MM Patel 26 6 76 2 2.92

Not bad at all:

Economy rate: 3.15
Average: 21.54
Strike rate: 42.15

Taking into account the poor first match, those are some damn impressive statistics. More importantly, he has got a lot of overs under his belt without getting injured.

Are the selectors blind or something???? Ronodev Bose performed suberbly in last year's ranji, taking 57 wickets in 11 matches. Did they give him any chance??? They gave Ishant Sharma a chance, Ishant Sharma...........

They took a look at him in the England tour and even though he took wickets, they perhaps thought him as a one trick pony with accuracy.

Ishant Sharma called in, what the fook is going on? What happened to Pathan?

Pathan needs some overs in FC matches under his belt before going to Australia methinks.

Last edited:
This is Pakistan though, I think he has done more than enough to warrant a place over Sharma.

I would have loved to see someone like Bose too, he looks a great player. Umar Gul is also down with injury, so the teams are square in terms of first team bowlers not playing. Their pace attack is miles better than ours though, but I reckon Zaheer is better than all their pace bowlers.

Last edited:
OMG they choose Ishant Sharma over Irfan Pathan, well obviously the selectors have forgot what Pathan did to Pakistan with the new ball last test series...

stupid selectors

Maybe they plan a 3 prong spin attack, with Ganguly given the new ball with Zaheer for about 3 overs before giving it to the spinners totally.
I would not like that.
Irfan would have been a better choice then Ishant or Munaf, FC overs bowled or not.

I would not be surprised. I (and a LOT of other people) consider Irfan to be more than a class bowler, he's an all-rounder, a rarity these days for India.

Can anyone confirm whether DD will be showing this test series or will it be a blackout for those without NEO SPORTS yet again like they did during the Bangla series ?
Would be a pity because Iam looking forward to this test series a lot more than the ODIs .
No DD only shows ODI matches.Tests will be shown by stupid NEO Sports.:mad:

Lucky for us in England, Sky Sports shows everything. :)

Have a strange feeling that Salman Butt is going to have a feast against some ordinary pace bowling; not to mention Yousuf and Younis as well.
Batsman will really have to buck up and play their best. They must make up for the loose bowling attack.

Kumble has already spoken that Yuvraj will have to wait. A brave desicion, but is it the correct one?

Laxman is probably the third best number three in the world, but its so unlucky he plays in the same team as the best. He is no where near his best batting at six then he is up the order. I am thinking of nudging Ganguly down four down and replacing him with Laxman higher in the order - Ganguly is not the greatest against quality pace.

Heres a possible XI
Karthik
Jaffer
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Ganguly
*BATSMAN*
Kumble
Harbajan
Zaheer
Munaf

My line up posted is accounted for Dhoni being injured.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread