Pakistan in India

We`ll have to give credit to Zaheer and Munaf.
Zaheer showing why he is now a very good Test bowler.
Munaf , so far has been impressive as well and should`ve got a wicket with some luck.

Exactly Adi. Munaf is doing a good job and was close to get Hameed lbw only for an inside edge. Zaheer was brilliant in his spell and got the big wicket of the southpaw Butt coz the lefty-righty combination disturbs the line and length of the bowlers. Now its time to introduce Ganguly in the attack, time for him to get couple of wicket which will be a huge bonus for India.

EDIT : Younis fell in the trap. Brilliant captaincy by Kumble and well directed bouncer by Zaheer. Pakistan 2 down already and Munaf is looking fit even after bowling 7 overs :p

Last edited:
Jumbo just getting hist first wicket as Indian captain.
Yasir Hameed attempting an atrocious shot there against Jumbo , only to be castled by an AK Googly.

Pakistan trying to counterattack against Kumble but till now it has`nt worked for them.
One more spell by the pacers before lunch should be ideal.
They must make the most of the pacers when the contidions still offer help .
Harbhajan will be underbowled here.

Ganguly has done his job now.
With just 15 mins to go for lunch, Kumble must bring on Munaf or Zaheer from one end for one last burst and not allow Yousuf to get settled.

Last edited:
Ganguly bowling wicket to wicket and is always pitching the ball around the good length areas, nice consistency by him :)

Harbhajan will be underbowled here.

Yeah he will be underbowled in this innings but Bhajji and Jumbo will have to play a major role in the 2nd innings.

So far , Munaf has looked fit and is extracting bounce of the wicket.
Needs some luck though.

Yeah run-a-ball Yousuf gets on my nerves in ODI's. If I was him I'd just get out because no one else actually makes more than 3 runs, I think the teams average is 0.45?

Yeah Indian fellows causing all sorts of problems arent we?

;)

Good start by India to the test. Very happy with Kumble's captaincy. Shuffled the bowlers well, and got the important wickets.

How was Munaf? Is he looking fit enough? Can he sustain a full test match? Kumble's favorite ground, his first test as captain. Hope to see a knock out performance from Jumbo. Got to get Pakistan out before today, as tomorrow is the best day for batting and with Dravid in red hot form now (after a double ton and a century in domestic cricket), Tendulkar in supreme touch and ganguly capable of the big hundreds on indian wickets, pakistan might be in for a torrid torrid time in this test.

Good start by India to the test. Very happy with Kumble's captaincy. Shuffled the bowlers well, and got the important wickets.

How was Munaf? Is he looking fit enough? Can he sustain a full test match? Kumble's favorite ground, his first test as captain. Hope to see a knock out performance from Jumbo. Got to get Pakistan out before today, as tomorrow is the best day for batting and with Dravid in red hot form now (after a double ton and a century in domestic cricket), Tendulkar in supreme touch and ganguly capable of the big hundreds on indian wickets, pakistan might be in for a torrid torrid time in this test.

Munaf is finally bowling at full pelt. He is extracting bounce time and again out of this dead track.
The way he got Malik out was similar to McGrath`s mode of getting wickets.
I hope he continues to do well , especially with a long season ahead.
We need Munaf`s services in Australia.
A pace attack of Zaheer,R.P,Sree and Munaf would be the best we have had for years.

Munaf is finally bowling at full pelt. He is extracting bounce time and again out of this dead track.
The way he got Malik out was similar to McGrath`s mode of getting wickets.
I hope he continues to do well , especially with a long season ahead.
We need Munaf`s services in Australia.
A pace attack of Zaheer,R.P,Sree and Munaf would be the best we have had for years.

Yeah he seems to have got some pace back and some accuracy to add to that.

Ganguly's been a surpise package, he bowled well in these condtions.

Yeah, started watching the game from the post lunch session.

Superb superb bowling from Saurav Ganguly. He is getting great swing (helped by the conditions) and is troubling the batsmen so much. He is getting an extended spell and he is clearly enjoying it so much.

So far whatever I have seen of Munaf, I am very happy. The effort into each delivery seems so different, the fielding effort (saw only one ball) was pretty good. Hope he can sustain long periods. I agree with you, aditya. An attack of Zaheer, Sree, Munaf and RP would be the best we have had in years. Let me not dream too much now.

The ball to dismiss Yousuf by Ganguly was awesome. Jumped out of my seat after a long time in pure excitement. Grt stuff from India so far.

Yup, I would say what Ganguly offers with the bowling is probably what's keeping him around. I was surprised to realize that Ganguly was hardly used by Dravid. Or maybe I just haven't seen test cricket in too long a time.

India have gotten off to a good start, but they've gotten off to a better start against Pakistan and lost it, in the past. It's test cricket and it's only the first innings. 4.5 more days of intense competition coming up!

What an awesome batting performance by Pakistan, India have no chance of winning this one might have to play for the draw....:rolleyes:

Right... I'm off to bed. I fully expect to wake up tomorrow morning and find Pakistan have put up a match-saving and potentially match-winning partnership. :p

142/8 with Kumble getting 3 out of it... Its Kumble's KOTLA, not Ferozshah KOTLA!

Can India bowl Pakistan out for below 150? That would be awesome stuff considering that Pakistan elected to bat first on this wicket? They should have ideally chosen to field first seeing the conditions. They probably feared a final day encounter against Kumble on a crumbling wicket. But if india now bat out the next two days with a very sizeable lead, Pakistan could still lose big inspite of batting first. Not good stuff from Shoaib malik.

Users who are viewing this thread