Pakistan in India

Well I don't really care about the test ranking
but as long as we are good in ODI
then I happy with that:)

Guess you're too young to remember the old sharjah days then :p

How old are you?

Have you not been watching Indo-Pak match-ups for the past, well, ever? Form of any Indian or Pakistani team goes out the window when they play each other. Unlikely heroes emerge, out of form teams find form, etc etc. Just look at us in 2005 when we played India following on from a 1-1 draw against Sri Lanka at home and a 3-0 thrashing by Australia, and then we somehow were rejuvenated and drew the Test series with India in their backyard, allowing us to continue a great run of series victories for the next year.

Yes, I am a great fan of Indo-Pak in the past and have many of the DVDs of such games but I don't think that it justifies the assumption by many that Pakistan will win the ODIs easily.

Yeah, It won't be easy.
Especially after India have a challenge like Australia, I feel that Pakistan will be easier.
3-2, 1-0 India for me.

I am excited so see how Afridi is going to fare after how he's been doing against the Saffa's.
And Mishbah, we'll want him to choke a couple more times, eh :D

Younis Khan always plays his best cricket against India and on the other side Sehwag plays his best cricket against Pakistan. Pakistan have the advantage with pacd bowlers Indians have with spinn bowlers its gona be interesting.

Is Danish Kaneria in Pakistan's squad? Does he still have as much venom as he did a few years back? I haven't followed his career much, but it seems a lot touted him as the next big spinner from Pakistan.

DK is still in pakistan squad, he seems to have been uneffective in tests now!! Abdur Rehman is playing very good.. cant wait for this series.. no rivarly can match an Indo-Pak series!!

Also Boom Boom is likely to open!!! cant wait

Boom Boom Afridi versus Dhoom Dhoom Dhoni

Malik's Monsters versus Dhoni's devils

Cant wait!! It will surely be a hypo-thrilling series

I feel India will be very happy to have faced Australia before this series. Its going to make things look easier for them. I feel India will win both series. Will be interesting to see who is our test captain. I feel it should be Dhoni because a test series against pakistan anywhere is going to be a challenge and if he does well against pakistan and wins the series, it would give him huge confidence to take on australia. and these two series will build him for future test captaincy.

One of the main reasons why I wouldnt want Tendulkar as captain-
He stands at mid-on/off and keeps talking to the bowler after every delivery.
Can destroy a bowler !

I agree with Sai,Dhoni must be given the green signal to lead India.He's got an intelligent cricketing mind.Even though India lost against Australia,the decisions that Dhoni took were really good.He was also calm under those situations.

As far as the favorites are concerned-well its a tough call.
Pakistan will be on a high,if they beat Saf.
India having faced Australia might find things easier in their own backyards.

Pakistan announce their 16 man odi squad

Pakistan ODI squad Shoaib Malik (capt), Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Salman Butt, Yasir Hameed, Imran Nazir, Fawad Alam, Abdur Rehman, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Rao Iftikhar Anjum.

Users who are viewing this thread