Pakistan in India

Also asif needs help from the pitch as he lacks pace and i do not see except for mohali where he would get good help from the pitch.
Asif bowls in the right channels and I think he moves the ball both ways as well. I think he is going to be the key to Pakistan's success on this tour.

India vs Pakistan 2007 Cricket Series

Schedule
Tuesday, Nov 6, 2007 : 1st ODI at Faridabad
Friday, Nov 9, 2007 : 2nd ODI at Mohali
Monday, Nov 12, 2007 : 3rd ODI at Kanpur
Thursday, Nov 15, 2007 : 4th ODI at Gwalior
Sunday, Nov 18, 2007 : 5th ODI at Jaipur
Thursday, Nov 22-26, 2007 : 1st Test at Delhi
Friday, Nov 30 - Dec 4, 2007 : 2nd Test at Kolkata
Saturday, Dec 8-12, 2007 : 3rd Test at Bangalore

the schedule seems to be inaccurate ...

the odi series is startin from 5th dec and the first odi will be played in guwahthi not faridabad..according to cricinfo.com

He bloks. While the other smashes.

Chopra should only be in as an opener if the other opener is Sehwag.
Chopra was made to look effective during the 03-04 season because Sehwag was in such great form.
He was`nt scoring big himself.

Pakistan to win odis, and india to win tests.

I second this.. India is a better test side than a ODI side. That too, our ODI pace bowling is hopeless. ;) Anyways, it should be a exciting series. Oh no... I can watch only highlights/news for the matches played in weekdays :( I can't put off and come from my workplace. :mad:

How many Day/Night matches for ODIs? Is there any first?:rolleyes:

Chopra should only be in as an opener if the other opener is Sehwag.
Chopra was made to look effective during the 03-04 season because Sehwag was in such great form.
He was`nt scoring big himself.

It can be argued that Chopra helped Sehwag score all those runs.

I think that all the people that are saying that India will lose the ODIs are talking rubbish. There is a Challenger Trophy soon, India should be able to find bowler(s) to 'replace' the disappointing Sreesanth and RP Singh (though the two should remain in the squad imo) based on performances in the Trophy and domestic performances in the last season. Those two are India's number 1 weakness because both leak runs in ODIs. As far as proven domestic players go, they should look to Gagandeep Singh, Ranadeb Bose or (God forbid) Munaf Patel.

If India can start the integration of the twenty20 squad (ie. youth) into the ODI squad, it will be very good but I doubt that it will happen so soon.

Also, since when were Pakistan so good at ODIs anyway. They drew against South Africa with what Malik himself admitted was a poor performance.

EDIT: Here is news from cricinfo:

The selectors will pick the squad for the ODIs against Pakistan on either October 26 or 27 during the Challenger Trophy

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/316441.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Last edited:
Alright as this gets closer anyone want to post their 15-man squads for ODI's?
Batsman
Dhoni+*
Karthik+
Uthappa
Sachin
Sourav
Dravid
Rohit Sharma/Badrinath/Tiwary
Yuvraj

Bowlers
Zaheer
Irfan
Sree
RP
Bhajji
Piyush
Kartik

Also, since when were Pakistan so good at ODIs anyway. They drew against South Africa with what Malik himself admitted was a poor performance.

Have you not been watching Indo-Pak match-ups for the past, well, ever? Form of any Indian or Pakistani team goes out the window when they play each other. Unlikely heroes emerge, out of form teams find form, etc etc. Just look at us in 2005 when we played India following on from a 1-1 draw against Sri Lanka at home and a 3-0 thrashing by Australia, and then we somehow were rejuvenated and drew the Test series with India in their backyard, allowing us to continue a great run of series victories for the next year.

They both seem to be in level right now though. At least in 50 and T20 cricket.
Tests, I feel we have the upper hand.

Users who are viewing this thread