5.Clarke
6.Hussey
7.Haddin
8.Johnson
9.Hilfenhaus
10.Hauritz(or maybe smith)
11.Bollinger

Hilfenhaus isn't in the squad.

Apparently North gets another chance, so it's either Hughes or Katich.

Any news on the Hauritz injury?

Hilfy's injured and will most likely miss the ODI's as well. But I'm scared that the selectors might do something stupid and not play him when he returns.

Hughes
Watson
Siddle
Johnson
Hussey
Katich
Clarke
Haddin
Hauritz
Ponting
Bollinger

That has to be the only logical line up.

^But I'm guessing you don't agree to Siddle at #3 and Ponting at #10 :laugh

I think Ponting could be in better form if he just backed off a little, at least early on.

Never a truer word spoken. The guy leaves a couple of balls, maybe plays one defensive prod and then it's all go. WHAMMY - pull shots, WHOOSHKA - big cover drives, WHOP - play across the line through mid wicket. I'd give anything to see Ponting get out to a defensive shot. This series, it's been twice caught at slip off big drives, twice caught on the pull shot. Against the Windies, similar story and before that he was chopping onto his stumps a lot in England with cut shots to balls that were too full or moving back in. Settle down please Ricky :doh

Pity :)

Ferguson won us ODI games last year, remember that folks :D

So has Cameron White recently. And before that Andrew Symonds and Michael Bevan won us quite a few ODIs too. They didn't work out too well - except when Bucknor was umpire :sarcasm

BTW, the squad is the same for Hobart:
Hughes retained, Katich in doubt for Hobart | Cricket News | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Would have been harsh on North not to give him one more go, particularly if Katich is still under a cloud.

We still don't know if North will actually be in the final 11. They still have the choice of Katich for North.

I noticed in the article that they mentioned Steven Smith and Khawaja were mentioned as candidates. Don't know if they are just coming on here and taking our ideas or they were actually being considered. Both should be given a go in the ODI arena, Khawaja more for experience rather than actual OD form. He still needs a bit more work on the short form.

Probably the best option of the lot. Going well in ODIs which the selectors regard highly, good slipper, good tactician and offers handy leg spin.

Yea he showed allot of maturity in the ODIs against India. Batted well in the middle order and did well when the team was in trouble. Improved allot on the guy that was basically the next Afridi when he started his career.

My ODI youngsters short list for this summer:
Hughes
Khawaja
Cockley
S Smith
Holland
M Marsh?

When does the U19 WC finish? Cause Mitch will be over there. I'm expecting McKay and McDonald to play roles as well.

My ODI youngsters short list for this summer:
Hughes
Khawaja
Cockley
S Smith
Holland
M Marsh?

wouldnt mind seeing some young quicks like hazlewood, starc, mcdermott or george in there
also wade keeping

It would be a joke to select Hazlewood and/or Starc atm.

It would also fk NSW up, so I desperately hope it doesn't happen. >_<

Yeah good idea to just throw even more young guys into the team, and ditch those guys who beat India in india recently, and the Champ Trphy and the Eng series. Seriously, the one day team is full of excellent players at the moment, and Haddin and Clarke didnt even play the latter half of the year. Did you guys even watch the India series? We did really well and it would only weaken our team to throw in 4 youngsters who havent even cemented their spot for their state.

Some of you guys say the dumbest things sometimes. Starc is nowhere near being selected.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread