Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Are we forgetting that North scored three centuries in his first five tests, saved the third Ashes test, etc.? Give him time, it was only a couple of months ago that he was gun as.

Any player can have a run of 3 average tests, it really is just the media and the idiotic who go nuts and call for a player to be dropped after a few failures. We dont want to be England in the 90's! Selecting a new player is an investment, and apart from Hughes being dropped early the selectors have shown that over the past 10 years they have been very patient with lots of player and its paid off handsomely with many of them. But I guess people need someone to bitch about and North is that person.

What does he have against playing as a batsman only? It would improve the fielding for Pakistan and bring in someone else for Misbah or Miandad's nephew (cant remember his name. Not sure how good a bat Sarfraz is (or where he bats) but its as if he can do much worse than Misbah or Miandads newphew

...it really is just the media and the idiotic who go nuts and call for a player to be dropped after a few failures.

Yes I want North to be dropped now. But only because I have a reason now, I never really liked North and now I have an excuse.

Hussey had a year long rough trot and he wasn't dropped, North should receive the same sort of treatment.

More on keepergate, rumour has it Umar was trying to pull out of the match by faking an injury which the PCB ordered him to see the doctors who declared him fit.

I think Hughes should get another chance and drop North, get Steven Smith :D
So you want to drop Katich, a proven Test cricketer for Hughes, an unproven Test cricketer? While we're at it, let's just drop Marcus North who's had two bad matches for a supposed leg-spinner with an average of 75. Future Andrew Hilditch right here. :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread