Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Teams for tomorrow

Pakistan: Mohammad Yousuf (captain), Imran Farhat, Salman Butt, Khurram Manzoor, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Mohammed Asif, Danish Kaneria, Faisal Iqbal (12th man).

Australia: Simon Katich, Shane Watson, Ricky Ponting (captain), Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke, Marcus North, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Peter Siddle, Doug Bollinger, Clint Mackay (12th man).

Pakistan | Australia | third Test | Hobart | teams named

Damn lots of changes for Pakistan. I didn't expect to see Iqbal or Misbah dropped, I know they didn't perform but knowing Pakistan selectors I thought those 2 would have lasted the series.
I guess Manzoor comes in at #3 and Malik at #6, with Kamran gone the batting looks weaker, if that's possible.

That's my point, Punter basically isn't Tasmanian anymore. He never plays for Tasmania nor does he live here.

We are gonna get owned with the batting lineup we have Mansoor will struggle here; Malik isnt a great option either. Personally I would have given Iqbal and Misbah their last shots, seeing as their is no point in bringin in Malik and esp. Mansoor at this stage. The bowling is pretty strong expect us to challenge the Aussie batsman.

Not happy with Pakistan line up.
I wanted to see Afridi and Younus Khan in there.. good news is that Mesbah and Faisal Iqbal is gone..althought he is a 12th man:facepalm
Khurram Manzoor is poor in Test.. his Ave is 27.66 and I haven't seen him bat well in test.
Pakistan is going to lose this match aswell

Last edited:
Bloody hopeless for Pakistan here. At least the bowling attack is good. Maybe they should trade Sami to India for a Kohli or a Raina

I think Faisal Iqbal should have been given a chance, he didnt perform as poor as Misbah did. Faisal deserved another chance. As far as Khurram Manzoor goes, i think he will fight hard to make his place in the team. I hope Malik will perform as well. Insha Allah Pakistan will win this test match

Have Pak played a test recently where they have made fewer than 4 changes? Crazy. Typical Pakistan.

Yes they kept the same squad for 2 tests in NZ IIRC.

Either way, with their batting lineup, its hard to blame them for making changes.

They just need to find 3 more Umar Akmals and they will be set.

Users who are viewing this thread