Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Steven Smith will probably get a go, they will want to give him experience at the top level. Mitch might get a squad pick but probably a season too early for the selectors to pick him unless they see him in their WC plans.

Yeah good idea to just throw even more young guys into the team, and ditch those guys who beat India in india recently, and the Champ Trphy and the Eng series. Seriously, the one day team is full of excellent players at the moment, and Haddin and Clarke didnt even play the latter half of the year. Did you guys even watch the India series? We did really well and it would only weaken our team to throw in 4 youngsters who havent even cemented their spot for their state.

Some of you guys say the dumbest things sometimes. Starc is nowhere near being selected.

Agree wholeheartedly.:D

Sometimes I think people just want to see call ups because they can't watch the players on Foxtel. :p

Starc = Just no. And the same with all the other young quicks, such as Cutting, Hazlewood, etc. They just aren't ready.

At Robelinda, I haven't forgotten the Indian players! That list was only young players who I thought should be given a go this summer, when the test players take a break.

Ponting, Mitch, Watson and Hussey have been non stop for months, so chances are they will take time off.

The only people saying he should stop pulling are the ones who could only dream of pulling like Ponting. He's the best player of short bowling since Viv.

The best Ponting pull ive ever seen was off Shoaib Akhtar in 2001 during the Nat West Series in England. Around the 11th over Shoaib dropped short and it was bloody quick, Ponting effortlessly smacked it away, not for 6 just a 4, but it went so fast it was ridiculous. Made it look so easy, in complete control.

I was going to mention it in the Best Shots of the decade thread, but it seems people here only care about flukey shots over the keepers head or some random useless Yuvraj 6 off a pie chucker.

Although Kamran's keeping hasn't been in good nick, the constant call ups are the worst form Pakistan have shown. That total lack of confidence just encourage the same uncertainty in the players. I know that other teams enjoy the ability to name different squads when at home, but even so, it is best used sparingly.

final test match has no charm for me,hope we some how win and play well in ODIs.

send2yaari added 4 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Although Kamran's keeping hasn't been in good nick, the constant call ups are the worst form Pakistan have shown. That total lack of confidence just encourage the same uncertainty in the players. I know that other teams enjoy the ability to name different squads when at home, but even so, it is best used sparingly.

Kamran's keeping is worst, he is in the team more due to his batting which is also not up to the mark. Srafraz is a very good talent and he must play in Hobart test.I strongly recommend Pakistan to have him all tour so that Akmal know that there is someone who can replace him.

Users who are viewing this thread