Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

Listen I will agree with a couple of things on this argument. First off, Pakistan selectors are very stupid; they will pick a guy for one match and the next match he is off the team if he doesn't score. Putting too much pressure on these youngsters. Then, putting Mohammed Yousuf as captain I believe is the worst idea ever. You see the results on Day 4 of the last test match, he is putting men on the boundary, giving easy runs to Hussey.

Not only that, but like Master Khan said Pakistan is not a test team they are an ODI/T20 Team. Test cricket is actually what CRICKET IS. I don't care if Pakistan won 10 straight T20 world cups it doesn't mean jack unless you can actually play the real game of cricket which is a 5 day battle between two nations. Now I will agree T20 will most likely bring cricket to the Western World however, T20 is not cricket. There is no true cricket skill involved. ODIs show somewhat of Test Cricket and I believe that ODIs are very good for cricket because you can a have a real world cup. Yet, for some reason people seem to believe that winning a T20 world cup is something special and Pakistan should be proud of it. Right now Pakistan is the best T20 team, but like I continue to say, it means Pakistan doesn't know how to play cricket, because 20 overs of slogging and getting wickets means you cannot have an actual battle between bat and ball.

Pakistan needs to go back to its roots. They must stop putting so much emphasis on this crap game of cricket called T20 and worry about the first class cricketers who can actually play. Now, going back to this whole Australia is DESTROYING Pakistan. That is complete bull, if you watch this series you can see how Australia is not easily winning matches. They are having a fair bit of problems. The first match was a rusty match for Pakistan but they bowled well in the 2nd innings and were troubling the Aussies for a little bit. The second match I will continue to say this over and over again. The Australians did not WIN this match, Pakistan LOST this match. The Pakistan Team should have won this match but they gave the match to the Aussies. Terrible wicketkeeping by Kamran Akmal and terrible batting by Pakistan similar to what they did in New Zealand. Any Australian person can see how they did not play great that match and the Aussies did not deserve to win the match but Pakistan gave the match away.

This match is not over but I think the overall spirit of Pakistan was gone away because of the last match terrible loss in the 2nd innings collapse. I still will stay with my conclusion that Pakistan lost the match and Australia did not win it. I put it on Kamran Akmal in the end however he batted terrible and showed the worst wicketkeeping fielding of all time. Even this match you can see how one mistake costs the whole match. Simple catch on Ponting, who went on to get a double century, is dropped by a Mohammed Aamer. Salman Butt also made 2 major mistakes by playing extremely lazy and causing two crucial run outs to Pakistan's best batsmen, Umar Akmal and Mohammed Yousuf. This just shows how Pakistan is giving the series, but in overall they showed how they can defeat the Aussies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you are right Ballers101.
Pakistan is not a test team and they really annoy me with their fielding and batting in this test series.
I can't wait for the ODIs and Inshallah we will win it...I hope.

Last edited:
Watch Bollinger and Siddle bowl with the new ball, then watch Asif's first ball to Watson. Wow seam movement, a hint of swing. That's what I'm talking about. By comparison, at present the Aussie new ball is pretty average

They didn't look anymore threatening than us taking the new ball. They might have got the odd one to move but it didn't look like taking a wicket and Watson ended up getting himself out. And since that we have made the pitch look as flat as Pakistan's tailenders made it look. And you can't expect them to swing mid afternoon with the sun shining down. Also Bollinger has done well with the new ball, hes got a bit of swing in the previous Test and he found numerous edges with the first ball he bowled only to see it drop short.

Haha Pakistan fielding at its best almost gifting Katich his 100. Way over the keepers head then the first guy misses and you see two guys running for the ball. Luckily Yousuf got it in the end.

Also on that referral, seems Yousuf was once again giving the steer this time to Ponting, while the youngsters were saying move on.

Finally gets a 100 and the 100 problem is well and truely a thing of the past. Hopefully Ponting can finish off the summer in style.

Will Ponting get his 100 before declaring?

He should, if he could get it fast enough, it is the perfect time to declare, hoping that the weather stays away.

The weather should be fine. There's a big directly over-head from me and it's not raining, although it's a bit dark.

Pakistan usually looses matches by themselves.... if they are dropping 10-15 catches... then the other team is not winning (or destorying) them... they are loosing it by themselves....

while other teams usually win with their professionalism, Pakistan when they win they do it with their talent and spark.... its unfortunate that our coaches and management are not able to turn them into professional cricketers.... otherwise sky is the limit

Johnson's test average is taking a real hit this summer and that duck ain't going to help. Over to North in an absolute no win situation.

aussie1st added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Well no North, Ponting has saved him from a no win situation. 438 is gettable on this pitch if Pakistan bat really well.

Users who are viewing this thread