Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Ah good old Pakistan, can always trust them to collapse for you :)
Was Siddle injured or did he get pulled? Hes really lucky Hilfy isn't fit as he could have been dropped.

Hauritz now on a 5 fer streak, gone from never getting one to two on the trot.

Siddle got pulled. He probably wasn't going to bowl a heap before tea anyway, but giving away 6 boundaries in his last couple of overs just confirmed that he needed to be replaced. Most were half volleys. At least he was getting it up there, but the guy can't swing the ball at all until it gets between batsman and keeper.

Siddle and Marcus North will be on VERY short leashes right now. They might get to play in Hobart, but beyond that I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Here I'll put it in words you can understand. A decent player of spin, should have no problems in dealing with Nathan Hauritz, the first innings was a good example.

I agree. But I would say the same thing about Vettori too :) But, Vettori is better than Hauritz, he's just a bit overrated. Vettori has a reputation as an excellent bowler because of: a) his ODI/T20 performance and b) he's been NZs best bowler (whenever Bond hasn't played) and possibly c) his batting ability. None of those things make you a good Test bowler I'm afraid...

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did we really need yet another "Vettori doesn't spin the ball" discussion.

Hauritz bowled well. He's a similar type of bowler and it's good to know that you don't need to spin it a mile to do well. Vettori has shown that for over a decade. Guys like Hauritz and Harris are being criticized because they don't spin it but look at how successful Vettori has been. I enjoyed watching him bowl yesterday, even if Pakistan gave their wickets away he obviously gave them balls they were willing to go after.

But anyway, calling Vettori a dart thrower is ridiculous. It shows that TumTum knows nothing about his bowling. Vettori changes his pace more than any other spinner. He also uses different flight and drifts the ball as variations.

^As for that, as a test bowler you know what you're going to get. The rest of New Zealand's bowling attack is pretty weak and has been while Vettori has played. Shane Bond is really the only world class bowler he's ever bowled with (Cairns maybe, but for his all-round game).

Here's some interesting stats: http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine..._involve=10280;template=results;type=allround

In tests WITH Shane Bond Vettori averages 24.74 with the ball. This proves my point that Vettori hasn't had the luxury of having good bowlers at the other end creating pressure. Vettori would be a lot more effective with Bond or a Lee or a Steyn or Johnson at the other end but sadly Bond just been injured so much.

With Bond out, Vettori has to shoulder the burden every time by himself. He's not over-rated in my mind. He's still one of the best spinners around. I mean everyone wanted Hauritz dropped a few games ago. He's got a long way to go before he's achieved what Vettori has. Same goes for most spinners.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Afridi said that he is available for the 3rd test.
I think he should play in the 3rd test because he is a good spin bowler and fielder...he is in Australia anyway

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Siddle got pulled. He probably wasn't going to bowl a heap before tea anyway, but giving away 6 boundaries in his last couple of overs just confirmed that he needed to be replaced. Most were half volleys. At least he was getting it up there, but the guy can't swing the ball at all until it gets between batsman and keeper.

Looks like he needs to get himself sorted again, at his best hes got all the tools that a fast bowler can have. Its a shame Hilfy is injured, I wanted to see him on some of the more batsmen friendly decks.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I think batsmen have figured Siddle out now.

He bowls gun barrel straight and if you play him straight, you decrease your chances of getting out dramatically. Batsmen used to stay back on the crease and bat around him, now they get on the front foot and drive them.

He should be dropped for Hilfy ASAP IMO, who cares if he won us the game, was just a batting fluke.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I was at a mate's place yesterday. We were playing cricket with his two younger brothers, constantly cheking the score then we would go inside and watch it for half an hour. Then one of his brothers who isn't really into cricket was watching it and constantly figuring out how many Pakistan need to win and how many wickets Australia needed. My mum's mate cheekily said "I thought you don't like cricket" to him and then he said "I only like it when it has interesting parts" to which we all laughed. When Siddle took the catch to win the game we all rose as one. It was a brilliant moment, something I'll never forget.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am just sad and angry at way Pakistan played on the 4th day.
Poor leadership from M.Yousuf, what was he thinking when he placed that field for the
8th wicket:doh.
The main reason we lost this game was because of Kamran Akmal:mad:.. he drop hussey 3 times with his poor wicketkeeping and he should be drop for the next test.
I stayed up till 3 am and I saw the target of 176 and then I want to sleep hoping for a Pakistan win and then next day when I want on Cricinfo, I was really upset and angry. They done the same thing against New Zealand and Sri Lanka when they were chasing down a small total.. they just don't know how to win a match.
This was a Embarrasing lose for Pakistan and its about time we get some new players.

Mesbah, Faisal Iqbal, should be drop for next match.

My Pakistan Test XI

Afridi can cover the spin dept. and gives Pakistan the 5th bowler.

1. Imran Nazir
2. Imran Farhat
3. Younis Khan
4. Mohd. Yousuf
5. Umar Akmal
6. Shahid Afridi*
7. Sarfaraz Ahmed+
8. Muhammad Aamer
9. Muhammad Asif
10. Umar Gul
11. Muhammad Sami

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
lol at Nazir and Sami in the test team. Nazir shouldn't be anywhere near the test team and same goes for Sami. He did well with the opening spell because the wicket was a pace bowlers paradise. Not having Kaneria in there is a joke too, he bowled his ass of in New Zealand after Pakistan were stupid enough to give Ajmal a go in Tests. At this moment he is definitely in top 3 spin bowlers and should be a permanent member of the team.
I also love how you left out Umar Akmal from the middle order.
Obviously Pakistans biggest problem is the openers but for now Farhat and Butt are the best things available.

Butt
Farhat
Younis
Yousuf
Umar
Afridi
Keeper
Aamer
Gul
Asif
Kaneria

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
oops lol sorry I forget about Danish Kaneria.:D
As long as Misbah and Faisal iqbal are show the Exit door
I will rather have Hasan Raza in my team.. his first class Ave is 49.83 in 173 matchs

nikhil_99

International Coach
At day 4 stumps, Aus were leading by just 80 runs and only 2 wickets in thier hand, i was really surprised to see when i cam back home from ofice that Aus won by 26 runs! what a match....great inngs by Hussey...

Users who are viewing this thread