Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
oops lol sorry I forget about Danish Kaneria.:D
As long as Misbah and Faisal iqbal are show the Exit door
I will rather have Hasan Raza in my team.. his first class Ave is 49.83 in 173 matchs

Even Misbah has an FC average of 50.24.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
At day 4 stumps, Aus were leading by just 80 runs and only 2 wickets in thier hand, i was really surprised to see when i cam back home from ofice that Aus won by 26 runs! what a match....great inngs by Hussey...

^ you mean at day 3 stumps

Total match length = 9 1/2 sessions out of 15

nikhil_99

International Coach
^ you mean at day 3 stumps

Total match length = 9 1/2 sessions out of 15

ya , sorry...no one would jhave imgined that Aus will win, anyway, it has been a good series so far...and not one sided boring tests....

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
a middle order of Younis, Yousuf, Akmal, Afridi (or someone else) is a good middle order but the problem will always be the openers and WK.

I actually wouldn't mint seeing Khalid Latif being given a shot in tests. He seems to be a solid batsman as he showed in the ODIs against New Zealand. He is having a good year in First Class cricket and could be more useful then Butt or Farhat.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Vettori's the batsman that bowls medium pace? :confused:

Gazza_11 added 2 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

North should be the one dropped, have been calling for it since his debut.
Saved us in Jo'burg, Edgbaston, a stunner in Headingley....Also played well at the Gabba and in Perth....

Robelinda

International Coach
It seems everyone needs someone to hate, that guy is North it seems. Saved us more than enough times, and that in his debut year for his country. Pretty darn good effort if you ask me. 2 lean tests doesnt erase all the good work he's done. Give the guy some credit. How many times has a new batsmen saved his team's ass 3 times in his first 6 tests? Whats more crazy is the talk of his replacements, Hughes at 6? Never happen.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I don't care about his performances, I dislike the way he bats.

He has no future in the Australian team.

blake

School Cricketer
Robelinda, I completely agree with you and I also notice that you seem to be one of the best Australian supporters around here - rarely do you worry about slagging off our own players which so many people on this forum seem to enjoy, and instead you just focus on most of the positives of our team and players. It's a nice change.

Anyway, TumTum, how far do you think not caring about his performances is going to get you? That's a really poorly thought-out post. So, say, if I disliked Dale Steyn's bowling action, does that mean that he should be dropped from the South African team? Hearing you say that you "dislike the way he bats" is just ridiculous. It's not about the runs, is it? Just about their technique? Are they only fit to play in the Australian side if they can play a correct forward defense? Sometimes I wonder... :sarcasm

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Oy Pakistan, please play afridi so he doesn't get to play for South Australia in the big bash;)

Robelinda

International Coach
Thanks for the kind words blake, I guess my attitude comes with my old age.....plus having watched cricket in an era pre-internet - how many posts on a daily basis contain anything other than slagging? I dont get it. Watching cricket is hugely enjoyable.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Well its not my fault you guyz wouldn't believe me when I was arguing Hussey > North. Now that decision is unanimous.

Sometimes performances are not everything blake, Warny should have been dumped by the road side at the start of his career, there are many examples of these.

Surely you don't think North will succeed? His stroke range is limited, goes hard at the ball, and doesn't even look to score. Also he doesn't have the ability to adapt to the situation. He throws his wicket away when the RR needs boosting, and blocks an end when a partnership is required.

North is a decent FC player, but is just wasting a spot for other future players. Hughes is definitely better than North, has a much larger stroke range, all he needs is another chance.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I don't care about his performances, I dislike the way he bats.

He has no future in the Australian team.

For what it's worth, I don't like his style either. He's no Tendulkar :p

Saved us in Jo'burg, Edgbaston, a stunner in Headingley....Also played well at the Gabba and in Perth....

You forgot to mention his other scores from this summer :laugh:

The main problem with Marcus is this: He's played 20 Test innings, on exactly 7 occasions he's made it past 20. That is a ridiculously low percentage for a top 6 batsman. It's no coincidence that Australia has been having far more frequent collapses in our recent history with Symonds and then North at #6. Symonds BTW passed 20 in 25 of his 41 innings (60.97%). Haddin has passed 20 in 25 of his 40 innings (62.50%). Gilchrist passed 20 in 78 of his 137 innings (56.93%). Actually, Symonds was more solid than I thought...

That's the issue: collapses. You can say, 'oh but once he gets past 20 he gets a big score'. Well we don't really need that right now. We need guys who don't fold like cards 2 of every 3 innings.

The other thing with North is that he HAS played well in SA and England, but he's not one of Aussie cricket's long time servants that deserves an extended run like Hussey has received or Ponting might receive in future. North was really the 3rd choice for the #6 role last summer and only got his spot for SA after Symonds injured himself and went fishing, and Watson injured himself. And while he took that spot well, he's hardly an entrenched star. He's always been a fringe player and even at the beginning of the summer would have been one of the last players chosen in the XI.

He is also not a player of great potential, like a Shane Watson or a Phil Hughes or Peter Siddle, guys who have been earmarked as potential stars. North is basically as good as he'll ever be.

He deserves the respect of keeping his spot for Hobart and giving him a chance to find that form, but I think after that if he can't score in Hobart or for WA in the rest of the Shield, I'd have no problem dropping him. For what it's worth, I'D LIKE HIM TO STAY, but it's really up to him.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Robelinda, I completely agree with you and I also notice that you seem to be one of the best Australian supporters around here - rarely do you worry about slagging off our own players which so many people on this forum seem to enjoy, and instead you just focus on most of the positives of our team and players. It's a nice change.
He's talking about me :laugh

North definitely deserves another chance. The selectors kept their faith in Hussey and to his credit, he has sealed his position once again. Now it's up to North to do that.

Gazza_11 added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Cameron White a possible contender for Norths spot?
Not a bad option definitely. Can pick up key wickets, and his ODI batting has improved out of sight this year.

Although, Callum Ferguson would have to feel quite unlucky. How many people do we take to NZ? Fourteen?

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger
Hughes
??? - Cameron White? Is Ferguson fit? Steven Smith?

Users who are viewing this thread