Patch General discussion

Just restarted my career after loading the patch on PS3.

I'm going ok at 21 runs from 29 balls in my first match although I am struggling with some of the timing. I played a hard front foot shot straight into short cover who then fielded the ball and threw down the stumps at the opposite end. No attempt at a run however he could not get back in the crease quick enough? Could happen. Next batter AI batter attempted a six over cover. Was caught by the fielder on the boundary with one hand in the air? Again can happen. I'll continue to monitor the frequency of the AI's outstanding fielding. The ability to now see the field never really bothered me but is certainly far easier and they are no longer throwing the wickets down from the boundary every time. Also had an over throw from a close fielder attempting a run out and missing. Things appear to be heading in the right direction. Few other issues we have all mentioned, but this is easily the best cricket game on the market and will only get better.

Ok this will sound like I'm complaining but the "just go on the front foot" advice is no longer working when batting. Will the difficulty be adjusted in the patch or something because I'm still lucky if I score more than 10 in career mode and I'm kinda getting fed up (into the 3rd year of the career as well).

You must just be crap. :thumbs

Just restarted my career after loading the patch on PS3.

I'm going ok at 21 runs from 29 balls in my first match although I am struggling with some of the timing. I played a hard front foot shot straight into short cover who then fielded the ball and threw down the stumps at the opposite end. No attempt at a run however he could not get back in the crease quick enough? Could happen. Next batter AI batter attempted a six over cover. Was caught by the fielder on the boundary with one hand in the air? Again can happen. I'll continue to monitor the frequency of the AI's outstanding fielding. The ability to now see the field never really bothered me but is certainly far easier and they are no longer throwing the wickets down from the boundary every time. Also had an over throw from a close fielder attempting a run out and missing. Things appear to be heading in the right direction. Few other issues we have all mentioned, but this is easily the best cricket game on the market and will only get better.

Ok Fielders are still pulling off amazing catches. Another of my AI out. Straight shot back over the stumps. Fielder running away from the ball, diving one handed catch, backwards.

I stand by my comments. Still some issues but I am sure them team will get it sorted and we will love it.

Also confidence meter works in career batting great addition

Ok Fielders are still pulling off amazing catches. Another of my AI out. Straight shot back over the stumps. Fielder running away from the ball, diving one handed catch, backwards.

I stand by my comments. Still some issues but I am sure them team will get it sorted and we will love it.

Bleh.. :(

Ok this will sound like I'm complaining but the "just go on the front foot" advice is no longer working when batting. Will the difficulty be adjusted in the patch or something because I'm still lucky if I score more than 10 in career mode and I'm kinda getting fed up (into the 3rd year of the career as well).

I can't say my experience is as bad as yours but I have noticed a change since the patch. I am struggling with either shot selection or timing since the patch. Or I am just having an off day. Don't give up. I am now consistently able to score between 30 a 80 but it has taken a ton of practise and several career restarts through frustration. Yet to score the ton but I am aiming for it.

There's a definate change in the sequence in the fielding script. If you're out of your crease at the bowlers end and press "O" to get back in your crease, without attempting a run... the fielding animation will change instantly and "high-underarm" the ball back to the bowler, ie; Make no attempt to throw down the bowlers-end stumps now. There's actually a pretty slick animation change that occurs as well, it's nice and smooth but noticeable.

Sequence I saw went...

Straight drive to Superman's brother at Mid On
I'm out of the crease at bowlers end
Superman fields the ball, sets up to throw at stumps
I press "O" to get back in the crease expecting the worse as per
Fielder stance changes from "attack" position to a more relaxed stance in the field...
High underarms ball back to the bowler who fields it and walks past the stumps without going to that glitchy over-and-over again knock the bails off sequence...

You don't have to restart your career, you can continue it, but you won't get a fix for the player roles issue.

Can someone please explain the player role issue?

I'm already at second season and im not sure if I need to restart the career after the patch.

Can someone please explain the player role issue?

I'm already at second season and im not sure if I need to restart the career after the patch.

Real-life batsmen were bowling, and real life bowlers were scoring tons. You don't need to know more than that.

You do need to restart your career so the player roles are reflected correctly.

Real-life batsmen were bowling, and real life bowlers were scoring tons. You don't need to know more than that.

You do need to restart your career so the player roles are reflected correctly.

Is that for AI controlled players in game or the my career player?

Users who are viewing this thread