Patch General discussion

Did someone mention the confidence meter is now in career mode ... is there any truth to this?

Affirmative. It's there.

Quick questions for those with the patch:

Do fielders still run at the speed of light from Long off to Long on to comfortably take a catch that would never be caught in real cricket?

Can mid off run back and take a catch at long off?

Is it easier to take quick singles slightly wide of mid on, without being run out?

Thanks

Do fielders still run at the speed of light from Long off to Long on to comfortably take a catch that would never be caught in real cricket?

Is it easier to take quick singles slightly wide of mid on, without being run out?

Thanks

If you sky it, it is perfectly reasonably for a fielder to run backwards for a catch.

Woah woah woah, there is a confidence meter?

I'll blow your mind, press right on the D-Pad.

Although I've not hit it in that particular area yet, there's not been any noticable change to the speed of the fielders. Although, when pushing down the ground now the bowler will field it 70% of the time, rather than 100%. So you've got a little more chance on running it past the Mid Off/Bowler gauntlet down the ground. But it's really a marginal improvement, from what I can see.

I haven't seen a catch in that particular area, but all catches have been held that I've seen, with the exception of 2 caught-and-bowleds that were dropped. I'd make the case for them both being caught pre-patch.

I'm not game to try this, but they're still fielding pretty much everything in that zone, they're just not throwing the stumps down every ball now.

If you sky it, it is perfectly reasonably for a fielder to run backwards for a catch.

Yes I agree with that. And it occasionally happens. But not to the extremes of a well hit shot being easily caught by a fielder who's run a long way to get there

Thanks @Biggs for your answers. I guess patch 2 will be more of a change in this area.

Last edited:
Just took a single between cover and mid off, comfortable one and the fielder just looped it back to the bowler. No attempt to throw down the stumps...

----------

...and a single between square leg and forward square leg wasn't miraculously stopped either...

Please document every single you get.

No twos and threes though, that's just offensive.

Please document every single you get.

All I hear is jealousy at my 15 average from the lower-order bowler, W.

Thanks

Fielder speed is definitely slower, so it is now possible to take quick single when hitting directly to a fielder. I've even ran a few threes as it is safe to start a third run when the fielder is picking the ball up (so long as they are near the boundary), with the slow fielder speed making this possible also.

Haha, you made me El oh elle... and I was promptly bowled shortly after.

Users who are viewing this thread