Patch General discussion

Is the patch live on US PSN? I cannot seem to get it?

guys will the patch work with an ongoing career or should i start a new career? i.e. for batting getting a bit easier

If I understood it correct it works but the player roles won't be fixed (batsmen will still open bowling and bowlers will score more than batsmen)
I suggest restarting your career.

As for batting getting easier in your current career I think it should...

Is the patch live on US PSN? I cannot seem to get it?

I have been told it is - worst case login with a UK PSN account (make one for free), get the patch then go back to your normal account.

We didn't change this for this patch as we didn't want to risk such a major change. I understand people think it broken but we could make it even more so. I promise patch#2 will have far better fields on a contextual basis.

in the meantime, if i edit the pre-sets would that help? like, are the AI choosing from pre-sets or making a field up as they go along?

----------

echo.. echo.. echo. Be patient and you'll get a response :facepalm

it's the biggest problem in the game... the fielders are slightly overpowered, they appear super-powered because of the fields set. also, that was the first time i asked the question in response to patch so stick your facepalm up your gary.

in the meantime, if i edit the pre-sets would that help? like, are the AI choosing from pre-sets or making a field up as they go along?

I believe they are making it up on a player by player basis, will check it out but might not get an answer until next week because of Easter.

I believe they are making it up on a player by player basis, will check it out but might not get an answer until next week because of Easter.

i'll give it a go myself over the weekend and report back, i just asked because if it was a definite "no" i wouldn't bother. thanks.

ive only made 2 pre-set fields for me and the AI are using them against me !!! OUTRAGEOUS !!! haha

Happens with me as well but after 5-6 overs they change it...:yes
....but but i don't last that long! haha yeah they change when u go big in an over. Just hard as my pre-set is everyone in the circle and it blocks off the leg glance and drive my only shots! haha i get frustrated at my own field then get out lol

Alright, I live in the USA. I just loaded the game. And it asked me for the update on PSN, just like any other game. Patch size is relatively small at 12 MB.

I love the Fielding Positions they have on the top of players, I actually prefer it over Radar, as it just is more realistic. One issue about that is that I have been playing some online games, and sometimes I am unable to check the field as soon as the opponent changes his field setting.

Online play is smoother than before but there are still issues with the online, I was given LBW on a free hit, which was fairly annoying. Also, Occasionally the bowler will also jump so like he will run up to bowl and bowl but he will freeze and the ball will be delivered to me, I guess you can say it wasn't synchronized.

Also Ross my only gripe with the game so far is the Bowling Speed Decrease. I like to play Test matches and ODI so Fast bowler loosing their speed so fast really annoys me and this is one issue which should be addressed asap. I like how bowlers loose their Speed but 20 Miles is too much, 5-6 Miles after maybe 10 overs would make sense, but even after that you should be able to deliver a 90 MPH bowl with a fast bowler.

Other than that, Thank you for the quick feedback and the update on the patch. I look forward to start my career mode now.

If Ross you can inform us of the Patch notes, it would be great its a fairly small patch, but it does address many of the issues and smooths it out.

....but but i don't last that long! haha yeah they change when u go big in an over. Just hard as my pre-set is everyone in the circle and it blocks off the leg glance and drive my only shots! haha i get frustrated at my own field then get out lol

Was like that for me as well couldn't last that much..But now am able to do so...:D

Users who are viewing this thread