Patch General discussion

Cool, a pointless reply completely unrelated to the issue being raised.

/grats

Well I have never seen it happen unless the ball is skied. When you mistime the shot.

No need to be rude mate.

....there's always a need for that.

Fielder speed is definitely slower, so it is now possible to take quick single when hitting directly to a fielder. I've even ran a few threes as it is safe to start a third run when the fielder is picking the ball up (so long as they are near the boundary), with the slow fielder speed making this possible also.

When they are on the edge of the circle?

Well I have never seen it happen unless the ball is skied. When you mistime the shot.

No need to be rude mate.

You are right, there was no need to be rude.

Its so common though I cant understand how you havent seen it. Theres hundreds of posts about the super human fielding. They either run at ridiculous speeds or warp to a new location to take impossible catches.

The bowler is in a league of his own for reflexes but at least he doesnt have super speed.

I just uploaded the patch & I can no longer change field. The options just doesn't show up. WTH happened? :(

No need to be rude mate.

It happens, fielders cover insane distances to take catches, now if only MS would release the patch... I can see if its still the case.

----------

I just uploaded the patch & I can no longer change field. The options just doesn't show up. WTH happened? :(

I'll tell you what didn't happen... you sure didn't read this thread before posting... did ya? huh? huh?

Only affects games that were saved prior to the patch and loaded after the patch.

You are right, there was no need to be rude.

Its so common though I cant understand how you havent seen it. Theres hundreds of posts about the super human fielding. They either run at ridiculous speeds or warp to a new location to take impossible catches.

The bowler is in a league of his own for reflexes but at least he doesnt have super speed.

I just haven't seen it fielders moving faster than they should. When they cover lots of field, the shot usually doesn't have the legs to get to the boundary. Most of my miracle catches are as I stated, sky balls.
That said I have run my fair share of 4's so far :p

The bowler is on roids though. Nothing get's past him.

I'll tell you what didn't happen... you sure didn't read this thread before posting... did ya? huh? huh?

Only affects games that were saved prior to the patch and loaded after the patch.

I read the thread but not thoroughly. I'll get back when I play the next match.

It's a very small bug with the a saved game mate, just change the field by pressing up and yes i know it's a little annoying but after your inns the game is fine.

It's a very small bug with the a saved game mate, just change the field by pressing up and yes i know it's a little annoying but after your inns the game is fine.

Thanks mate. I'll check it out. Hope this patch makes batting little easier in the career mode.

I assume the patch has made batting easier now in career mode as I just made my highest score in my first P40 match of the season :). Having realistic stats for players makes me much happier and feel a lot more involved as well!

Just restarted my career with Durham county as batting all rounder batting at number 4 got out on 91 on my debut inning then got four wickets as a fast bowler didn't get to bat in the 2nd innings as my team won by an innings. Borthwick scored 200

From what it seems so far then it appears that batting and bowling have been more balanced in career mode, yay :D.

Edit : Does anyone know if promotion works in the county championship?

Last edited:
@angad, I think the run out bug you encountered may very well be due to custom fields. I have played a Test on Legend (there's a thread I created about Test cricket in DBC14) which documents my findings. I din't encounter this issue you are facing. I only had one run out wkt against AI and that was when the AI batsman dived in the crease and when he got up he was out of the crease. I have to say though that I haven't played a Test since the patch was applied. Try playing a match with pre-set fields instead of custom fields and see if the problem persists.

guys will the patch work with an ongoing career or should i start a new career? i.e. for batting getting a bit easier

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread