Patch General discussion

That was sooooooo last season. They're not involved this year in the newly re vamped 50 over competition.

Yup but in the context of this game it was meant to be released last season. :p
There were quite a few articles at the end of last season here about how Scotland's foray into county cricket had basically been a failure.
Are the Netherlands still involved?

The use of 'literally' in the figurative case predates Charles Dickinson.

Is that the guy on "Bargain Hunt"?

While we're on pedantic matters, I saw on the Facebook page that DBC wished all of its fans a Happy Easter. I suspect a large proportion of those fans don't celebrate it because they are A) predominantly Muslim or B) Captain Oz. :)

Is that the guy on "Bargain Hunt"?

Oops... Charles Dickinson is an American attorney from the late 18th, early 19th century actually. It probably outdates him too.

Using like in what some people would call an inappropriate context, i.e.: "He was like to go mad" and other such uses is very old as well, and if I recall correctly, there are written cases of that going back to the 17th century.

Last edited:
There were quite a few articles at the end of last season here about how Scotland's foray into county cricket had basically been a failure.

Yeah but it doesn't help when arguably your 2 best batsman (Machan & Coetzer) are turning out for their respective counties instead of their country.

Are the Netherlands still involved?

No.

All that being said I am a leg spinner and the ball barely turns off the pitch. Mixing up the deliveries with drift and flight is excellent but your standard leg-breaks/googlies barely turn at all.

----------

I mean in the game. I also try leg spin in real life and it barely turns but that's because I'm rubbish. My in-game counterpart is not.

Not sure anyone has mentioned it but in my new career mode I bat at first drop and I came in at like 1 for 60 and Maddinson was on 49* and when I checked his confidence he had none and he only made 2 runs and then got out It showed his wagon wheel with just one shot. Hope that makes sense and sorry if its already been mentioned

Scotland and the Netherlands take part in the YB40 league but not the county championship or T20 cup.

However unlike in the game (I assume where they're in as associate nations as well) they're not actually the national squad which is a bit of a pain that they're not included as a seperate team the actual national team as they finish so high up in competitions in game yet in real life they normally finish around the bottom. They've been removed this year haven't they (and Netherlands were replaced by the Unicorns a couple of years back)?

Ross, when you say balance issues do you mean with leaderboards? Would it be possible to allow us to edit these things and just be removed from the leaderboards because personally I don't care about them and would much prefer a higher sense of realism.

Last edited:
I believe we do get reviews in the Big Bash in reality (i stand to be corrected).

Continue to stand, there are no reviews in the BBL. They don't want to add large stoppages that will halt the excitement or some crap like that

----------

call me old-fashioned

Well okay, only if you want me too. You are old-fashioned. There, happy?

Continue to stand, there are no reviews in the BBL. They don't want to add large stoppages that will halt the excitement or some crap like that

To be honest the Big Bash is as boring as drying paint, so I can understand why they wouldn't want to halt whatever momentum such a limited format can throw up. That said, that's more T20s fault than anything.

To be honest the Big Bash is as boring as drying paint, so I can understand why they wouldn't want to halt whatever momentum such a limited format can throw up. That said, that's more T20s fault than anything.

Meh, I don't mind it because it's cricket and it was on nearly every night. Agree that T20 is the worst format though. I yearn for the day the Sheffield Shield is televised again, and for the one day cup to again be spread over the whole season. I don't like the condensed format, but I guess I understand the reasoning behind it.

The drift and turn with murali and some others is pretty damn big

The drift especially is massive.

The only balls thatiI think need a bit more are the default off or leg breaks. Those seem pretty weak

Agreed the leg spin, googly doosra and off spin need to turn a lot more specially with good bowlers

Meh, I don't mind it because it's cricket and it was on nearly every night. Agree that T20 is the worst format though. I yearn for the day the Sheffield Shield is televised again, and for the one day cup to again be spread over the whole season. I don't like the condensed format, but I guess I understand the reasoning behind it.

You should see the logic with the one day fixturing in county cricket this year. 3 of my home counties (Hampshire) 4 home one day games take place in 5 days (all of which at 2pm on a working day) and the following is a week later. Not a single home match on a weekend (and only one away match). Perfect way to raise tickets sales like all the counties are currently requesting and requiring...

Ok, just had something really wierd happen 2 (career) games running. In my first game the screen suddenly went black for about 20 secs then reset on the ps3 home menu. In my second game, directly after a run out was given out the screen has gone black and doesn't seem to be doing anything now, anyone else experience this :noway. Hasn't happened at all in the last week and a bit or so that I've had the game.

yeterday in IPL punjab vs rajasthan, there was a delivery to pujara to which he swished outside off stump, and there was a loud nick sound but nobody appealed:yes it happens in real cricket as well:D even if this is a bug i wouldnt want it removed, as it adds variety, but i think it would have been intentional mostly.

TBH who would want to get rid of Pujara in a T20 match ;) I would ask all my bowlers & fielders to let that guy stick around as long as possible in a T20. Now Tests would be a different matter!

Users who are viewing this thread