Patch General discussion

Dutch i wanted something like that for the AI but i don't see much or any difference between even Gayle or say Cook.

----------

We do this type of thing with our other sports games - should do it for DBC as well. I'll put it on the list for possible inclusion in patch#2

How hard is this ross for say the AI, also if you are feeling in the mood what can be done about the AI in general for batting and bowling but more towards batting.

We do this type of thing with our other sports games - should do it for DBC as well. I'll put it on the list for possible inclusion in patch#2

This is something I posted in the questions thread before so really happy to see you thinking about including it :thumbs

I would say around the time of the PC release, maybe a little prior.

We need to see the reactions of people after patch#1 and tailor patch#2 accordingly.

Dutch's thoughts on how batsmen approach situations are really spot on. I'm not sure if he was mainly talking about career mode and how the rest of your team around you respond to the game they are playing, or if he was talking about all modes (competition, casual etc).

There are players like McCullum, Gayle or historical guys like Viv Richards & Adam Gilchrist who are going to go all out if the situation allows it and it would be good to see it happen.

There are other batsmen types that build and then get very aggressive after scoring 20-30 runs. Then there are others who are conservative and just try and stay in touch with the run-rate until the last couple of overs.

I'm not really sure if the current creation of players helps convey these qualities into the game as dynamically as it'd be good to see.

I bet it'd be hard to balance the AI for these player types out right when linked to the game situation, but if it could be improved a bit, it'd be pretty awesome to see. :)

Dutch's thoughts on how batsmen approach situations are really spot on. I'm not sure if he was mainly talking about career mode and how the rest of your team around you respond to the game they are playing, or if he was talking about all modes (competition, casual etc).

There are players like McCullum, Gayle or historical guys like Viv Richards & Adam Gilchrist who are going to go all out if the situation allows it and it would be good to see it happen.

There are other batsmen types that build and then get very aggressive after scoring 20-30 runs. Then there are others who are conservative and just try and stay in touch with the run-rate until the last couple of overs.

I'm not really sure if the current creation of players helps convey these qualities into the game as dynamically as it'd be good to see.

I bet it'd be hard to balance the AI for these player types out right when linked to the game situation, but if it could be improved a bit, it'd be pretty awesome to see. :)

We will improve the AI markedly but an over-ride would be useful, as in RLL2 where you have a feeling the opposition might kick on the 3rd tackle and you can manually pull the wingers back.

The game might think you should be defensive however you might have a different plan.

just quoting myself from that other thread
Till date all cricket games have had 3 inportant problems
1.Bowling and batting control system aided by the doughnut
2.physics
3.AI(AI reacting to match situation)

From the various reviews opinions and vids presented Bigant seems to have cleared the first 2 problems wonderfully.

AI seems to be the problem, The prob doesnt seem worse than previous games were there were exploits to wrap things up, im glad to know thats not the case.
which is +1
i think they will do their best to fix it and in the situation they cant next iteration sounds good.

I would like to have an AI which has situational awareness, knowing when to attack and when to defend.
This could be done by having something like WASP implemented in game.
So that if the AI is batting first it can keep striving towards that score and good thing about wasp is it changes when wicket falls or doesnt fall etc.
SO the AI could keep trying to achieve that target. Also while chasing this will help them to better pace the innings.
depending on the WASP and the format the AI should breakdown the target with its wickets in hand(type of batsman etc) and chase or set target accordingly, revising it when situation changes.This will give goals for the AI for what it needs to achieve in small parts.

Also a sanity meter for players, people with high points should play better according to situation, for ex someone like MSD will take time to settle before hitting were as some one like yusuf pathan will just keep hitting regardless of situation and get out.

what is asked is too much for the first iteration, if they can actually get an AI with situation awareness this time around cool, if not next iteration sounds good:yes.
with a bit more balancing in patches this time around.

*esp before pc version releases

Ross how much of an awareness does AI have as of now about the target its chasing and of its team composition or is it reactive to the ball bowled?

Curious, Would this be the first official patch release for any cricket game? Can't seem to remember patches for any of the previous games.

IC 2010 was a patch for AC09 but unfortunately it broke the online gameplay :(

----------

I know what you mean.... I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt but there are some that seem to not have the manual handy....

My dog ate the manual :D

Updation of stats.

People were complaining that the team member's stats are not updating. Has that been fixed?

Has someone replied to this query of Israr, as I have also noticed right from the word go that irrespective of the selected difficulty mode, for Tournaments, Exhibition matches and Tours, the stats of the team members are not at all updated and even after playing tens of matches, just mere zeroes appear in stats everywhere.

Haven't played Career as yet, so can't really comment on that.

Please please please please please increase the time limit of 30 seconds before starting an online game.

30 seconds is not enough to:

1) choose the type of squad you want: Test/ODI/T20
2) Change the kit from the default Test Kit to ODI or T20 kits.
3) And most importantly fine tune the team, I never have enough time to choose the playing XI i want. This is particularly annoying because I prefer to bat with lefties and my starting XI only has the one.

Last edited:
Please please please please please increase the time limit of 30 seconds before starting an online game.

30 seconds is not enough to first choose

1) the type of squad you want: Test/ODI/T20
2) Change the kit from the default Test Kit to ODI or T20 kits.
3) And most importantly fine tune the team, I never have enough time to choose the playing XI i want. This is particularly annoying because I prefer to bat with lefties and my starting XI only has the one.

you can fine tune your lineup in the academy before an online match :yes

I would say around the time of the PC release, maybe a little prior.

We need to see the reactions of people after patch#1 and tailor patch#2 accordingly.

There is no 3rd man fielder!! by default...
in every cricket match 3rd man is mandatory ..its so silly without 3rd man

Keeper,slips stand very near to wicket..when fast bowler is bowling!!

Fix these ..im fed up with these things and mad of suicide frustration

Users who are viewing this thread