Patch General discussion

Franna1017

School Cricketer
Not sure if this is the place to post this, probably not, but I'm going to ask anyway... Is there a way to get out of the way if you're at the non-strikers end ? Because my batting partners have hit me with the ball quite a few times. Just wondering,if there isn't a way to get out of the way,if it can be patched ? It's not a big deal,really,I'm just curious...

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Okay, managed to squeeze in my lunch time to get my hands on this patch. Thank You @BigAntStudios; for having the patch available to US region, if cricket buying in US is a dream, then cricket patch availability in US PSN should be the wildest dream that I am not able to believe it is TRUE! Thanks a lot, Ross for fabulous end user support.

Just played one match, did not restart career and all. Just resumed my career mode as I would be restarting the career after patch 2. I am good to see my opponent bowling with incorrect likeness of players for now.

I was on T20 league already in my career, and so I just happened to play 1 T20 match. Got 51 runs and 3 wickets with MOTM, cricket experience while playing has been enhanced further with this patch, QUALITY!

• Fielders guide is very useful to look for the fielders.
  • Super Human fielding of flying & jumping and all - they have been reduced, fielders do their actual fielding now. I need not worry about fielder jumping from north to south to block my strategy of runs. This is the greatest PLUS of this patch. I loved picking singles and rotating strikes when I got those 50+ runs. I got 4 sixes in my innings, but there is nothing that can beat the satisfactory feeling of rotating strikes & getting 60-70+ runs partnership with your partner on other side.
  • This tweak in fielding, looks like, it tweaked our bowling also in career? Not sure as it was just a match that I played. I bowled 4 overs giving away 26 runs and 3 wickets where dismissals were - 1) bowled 2) inside edge and bowled 3) wicket keeper catch. So before patch, I would have my superman fielders to fetch additional wickets from my bad deliveries, looks like it is gone now.
  • Direct Hit tweak also have reduced the wicket taking opportunities in run outs when we are bowling, it makes us to be alert in collecting the ball behind the stumps otherwise which - ball would be missing the stumps most of the times, preventing the wickets for opponent. I was not alert atleast 2-3 times in my 4 overs where AI got away with cheeky singles.

Overall, it was fantastic first feeling to play with the patch. Will explore more after my work.

For points 1 and 3, do we have to restart the career mode? Because I resumed my career mode and points 1 and 3 are the same for me. Fielders run around like Flash and batsman like Pomersbach open the bowling. If I have to start career mode again, then this would suck bigtime, as I have already spent 3.5 years in career mode.

No, I did not restart my career mode. Fielders were not flying for me. However, You would need to restart the career if you want the roles correct like batsman not to bowl and so on.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Just played one match, did not restart career and all. Just resumed my career mode as I would be restarting the career after patch 2. I am good to see my opponent bowling with incorrect likeness of players for now.

Yeah I'm thinking about doing the same once I get my hands on the patch. I don't think I'd have to put up with any more annoyances than incorrect players... right?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
I don't think I'd have to put up with any more annoyances than incorrect players... right?

Oh, cancelling of run immediately looks to have slow response time to slide the bat though major portion of run out bug looks to be resolved. But overall, it is really a great enhancement from the unpatched version.

This thread will give you the picture of any annoyances that exist still. :)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...4-issues-anomalies-after-patch-1-a-89276.html

As Ross mentioned that we would end up restarting career mode even after patch 2, I wanted to restart only after patch2.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Not sure if this is the place to post this, probably not, but I'm going to ask anyway... Is there a way to get out of the way if you're at the non-strikers end ? Because my batting partners have hit me with the ball quite a few times. Just wondering,if there isn't a way to get out of the way,if it can be patched ? It's not a big deal,really,I'm just curious...

I've noticed this a lot and it's quite annoying, because non-strikers do generally nearly always get out of the way in real life. Along with the bowler cutting down your down the ground shots, you have the stumps (they get hit a lot too) and also your non-striker. It's far from ideal, with batting already being tough.

It doesn't seem to be anything that refining your aim on the left analogue stick will help either.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Oh, cancelling of run immediately looks to have slow response time to slide the bat though major portion of run out bug looks to be resolved. But overall, it is really a great enhancement from the unpatched version.

This thread will give you the picture of any annoyances that exist still. :)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...4-issues-anomalies-after-patch-1-a-89276.html

As Ross mentioned that we would end up restarting career mode even after patch 2, I wanted to restart only after patch2.

Thanks, what I meant was that by continuing my current career mode instead of restarting, what other fixes do I miss out on aside from the linking issue?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Oh only that likeness of players is what I have observed from my first match as missing if we resume from existing career. Other fixes like fielding, direct hits, fielding guide - was able to see in my already saved career.

Will be exploring more tonight, will let you know if I come across new issues.

woosaah

Club Cricketer
My first play so far, bowling is much different (harder) though I am still not the greatest bowler anyway. My (new) career player bowling just seams harder and I am not taking 3-4 wickets an innings. Much better. Yet to bat.

Id still like to see how many overs I have bowled on the ticker bar at the bottom, as well as how many maidens I have bowled on the scorecard. That would be a nice feature.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
My first play so far, bowling is much different (harder) though I am still not the greatest bowler anyway. My (new) career player bowling just seams harder and I am not taking 3-4 wickets an innings. Much better. Yet to bat.

Id still like to see how many overs I have bowled on the ticker bar at the bottom, as well as how many maidens I have bowled on the scorecard. That would be a nice feature.

I also would love to see maidens and 4s and 6s in the scorecards. Please Bigant for patch 2.:cheers

Shrimper

Club Cricketer
As it is out in the US, or I believe that is the message giving what Biggs says. Will it be available in the UK soon? Debating whether to start my career or not.

Jadel

Club Captain
I must say there are some really rude, impatient people on this forum!

3. Fielders aren't running around the field like the Flash and cutting off easy singles and taking ridiculous catches anymore.

[*]Super Human fielding of flying & jumping and all - they have been reduced, fielders do their actual fielding now. I need not worry about fielder jumping from north to south to block my strategy of runs. This is the greatest PLUS of this patch. I loved picking singles and rotating strikes when I got those 50+ runs.
[*]This tweak in fielding, looks like, it tweaked our bowling also in career? Not sure as it was just a match that I played. I bowled 4 overs giving away 26 runs and 3 wickets where dismissals were - 1) bowled 2) inside edge and bowled 3) wicket keeper catch. So before patch, I would have my superman fielders to fetch additional wickets from my bad deliveries, looks like it is gone now.

No, I did not restart my career mode. Fielders were not flying for me. However, You would need to restart the career if you want the roles correct like batsman not to bowl and so on.

Its easy to be impatient when M$ cant get off their ass and post the patch.
And its just as frustrating reading posts like these when they have specifically stated they didnt do anything to fix the super fielders.

The fielding is changed with regards to drops but not the reflexes themselves, the biggest thing you should notice is that the run-outs and laser fielding is gone.

Jadel

Club Captain
I've noticed this a lot and it's quite annoying, because non-strikers do generally nearly always get out of the way in real life. Along with the bowler cutting down your down the ground shots, you have the stumps (they get hit a lot too) and also your non-striker. It's far from ideal, with batting already being tough.

It doesn't seem to be anything that refining your aim on the left analogue stick will help either.

If youre using LAS to aim that might be part of your problem ;)

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
When is it released in Australia?????????

I just logged in and nothing. :noway

It's out on PS3 everywhere, but it isn't out on Xbox. It isn't BA's fault, and they can't release the change notes until MS release the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread