Story PCXI take on the world- 1st match v Namibia toss: Namibia = Bat "*8 spots remain"*

Start Of Play World XI to Bat First

The first ball of the day shall be bowled by Heath Streak, the Zimbabwean captain, who in a press conference yesterday claimed that this inexperienced World XI side will not win a match. Lets hope that World XI can prove him wrong.

Opening up for World XI is Tom Carr and Tom Baker. Baker who plays for Kent in the English County has had a bad run of form at the moment but will be looking to turn that around today. to Face is Tom Carr.

Tom Carr
RHB,
ROS
Test Matches: 1*
Runs 0*
High Score: 0*

Tom Baker
RHB
Wicket Keeper
Test Matches: 1*
Runs: 0*
High Score: 0*

Note: The * means current match

World Xi have done well at the start of this test match. they've negotiated the first ten overs without loss. The Opening pair of Carr and Baker have put on an opening stand of 44. Baker showing dominance early on scoring 27 off just 33 balls including 5 fours. Carr on the other hand is opting for a more defensive start to this innings scoring 11 off 27 balls. Streak certainly frustrated with how things are going so far and has opted for 3 men on the boundary for Baker and 2 of Carr.

great opening stand so far! tom baker looks in good form

A well deserved half century by Tom Baker has the World Xi in control at the moment. It came off just 55 balls including 10 fours. His partner appears to be struggling a bit he is currently on 27 but does not look comfortable with the pitch. the hardness of the pitch gives the ball extra bounce and Carr can't seem to judge the bounce. After 18 overs the score is 0/85 Baker on 53 and looking solid could go on to make maiden century if he keeps his concentration. Carr is on 27.

Zimbabwean Captain heath Streak is taking a long spell and is having any luck he is being patient but he is very expensive in his 9 overs hes has gone for 45. That's too expensive for the first 18 overs in a test match.

streakpitchmapmy0.jpg

tombakerwwfj8.jpg

Last edited:
Carr has just been run out after bad call from Baker. They were going for 3 but baker hesitated and sent Carr back and was unfortunately run out. Carr was dismissed for 28 off 58 balls

carrswicketpa7.png

The Skipper is the new man in and he'll be looking to continue the form that Baker and Carr set up in this first session of play.

Brendan Gutteridge
LHB
Rfm
Test Matches 2* (Played one for Aussies)
Innings 2*
Runs 72NO
High Score 72NO

World XI are going along nicely with a few overs left until lunch. they are 1/122. Baker is currently on 70 and Gutteridge on 15.

Baker has Just been dismissed for 84 two balls before the lunch break. He was caught out in the deep after goign hard at a ball outside offstump. This Brings Freddie Seccombe to the crease.

Freddi Seccombe
Age 15
LHB
LC
Test Matches 1*
Runs 0*
High Score 0*

wicket of Baker
bakerswicketlt5.png

storyscorecardtb1.png

Last edited:
Ah that's class. Go the stick figure animations :D

Shame I couldn't make a century but still a good knock. Come on team. We've laid the foundations for a big score

Hello everybody and welcome to the Lunch Show, the show where we talk about the day's play so far. I'm richie Benaud and with me is Mark Nicholas. We have had some exciting cricket played today.

We have indeed Richie especially with Tom Baker 84. he really showed he can play. He played all the strokes as we can see in his wagon wheel
tombakerwwyj7.jpg

Yes Mark your quite right it was a superb innings shame about his partner though run out for 28 their partnership was worth 97 in the end.

It is a shame Richie, i was really looking forward to see him open up a bit he was a little too defensive early on i feel

Lets take look now at Heath Streak's pitch map to the right handers
streakpitchmapeb9.jpg
Yes very consistent outside the line of off stump would you say he's a little bit short though

yes i'd say too short on many occasions. A world class bowler like him should be getting the ball up nice and full to make the batsmen play and eventually the wickets will come.

Well thats all from us for now join in next time for another look at how this test match is panning out. Goodbye for now
Sometime after the lunch break
Gutteridge has really played a captains knock. He brought up his Half Century in just 48 balls. it included of 7 fours and came in the 38th over

gutteridgewagonwheelbj9.png

F Seccombe has also Borught up his half century in just 46 balls including 9 fours and 1 six. it came in the 43rd over

fseccombeswagonwheelqu2.png

Last edited:
you are really putting great work in this.
I must admit, this will be one of the best Story to hit planet Cricket.
I hope you con't and bring us more tours.

great, the PC's fastest bowler is playing, whohooooooooo

Fantastic! :hpraise These unique/creativeness/hard efforts in this story really have no words to describe. I can only suggest you, to keep this excellent stuff going! :clap

Users who are viewing this thread