PlanetCricket.net take over (FM2008)

Which club should PlanetCricket.net take over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Teague brings in new faces at Blackpool

Since the departure of Mr Briggs and arrival of Jack Teague, there has been big changes at Blackpool Football Club. In his 1st news conference he announced the changes to the coaching staff. Rhys Williams has kept his place as assistant manager with Richard Matthews as head coach. Someone who goes by the name of Jaz has been announced as head scout. Martin Thomas has been announced as new goalkeeper coach after Peter Fox left along with Mr Briggs.

There has also been changes in the first team. Adrian Forbes has been placed on transfer lst and an offer has been accepted from Shrewsbury for 35k. In comes defensive midfielder Seyfo Soley. Soley, who was on the free agents list, last played for fierce rivals Preston before they terminated his contract in the summer. Soley has played 37 times for his country Gambia. Teague also announced that he was looking to strengthen all types of position, especially central midfield. There are no clues as to who he is to sign, but many have linked transfer listed Sheffield United midfielder Li Tie for a move to Bloomfield Road.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We have 240k, but will have about another 18k from the Forbes transfer. So if you look for 3/2 players to buy for 250k. We will be selling a few other players to make more room for transfers.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Firstly take a look at the loan listed players and see if you can get any of them.

Will report back soon on my findings. :p

Monty57

Club Cricketer
MATTHEWS KEEPS HIS FUTURE AT THE SEASIDE

Richard Today revelled how he had been approuched by Liverpool,Scotland and Republic of Ireland to be manager but which he rejected to say at Championship seasides Blackpool. Matthews did admit that he was intrested by these offers but decided to stay at Blackpool. He told Sky sports " This club has great players a great manager and good backroom staff and i see exciting Prospects at this club" This decision would have pleased the Board Member who have already seen a loss in staff. Matthews is suppose to be delighted with his new role and has already thanked the Manager.

Manly

Thor
Manning sacked?
Ben Manning today was left considering his future at the club having been demoted from Head Scout to what appears to be nothingness.

Obviously I'll stick around and see if anything comes up, but the fact I was replaced as Head Scout makes me wonder if I'm wanted around these parts.

He today told the press he was considering moving back to his position of Head Scout at Ipswich unless the management came up with a decent contract offer.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Teague has replied to Manning's comments, after Manning wondered whether he still has a job at Blackpool FC:

"I hadn't heard from him for a while and thought he had left when Mr Briggs was sacked. If Ben wants to stay with us he is more than welcome to share duties with head scout Jaz. We need as much help as possible with this now being a publicly owned club. I'm sure Ben would be a good asset to the backroom staff and I would love him to stay."

---------

I haven't had a look at decent loaned players yet with our first friendly coming up we need to concentrate on team selection. I would like Rhys and Rich to come up with their 22 man team for the friendly vs Inverness CT. Jaz and Ben (If you wish to accept the job offer) would you guys search for decent loan prospects and a midfielder and striker we can get for 250k?

Match will be played thursday or friday!

Manly

Thor
I am still in! Result!

RC Lens, Kevin Monnet-Paquet, hes AML (& poss C) does a very good job

also, Fraizer Campbell, Man U. Those 2 work well together

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Jack Hobbs(Liverpool), Fraizer Campbell(Manchester United), Michael Woods(Chelsea), Scott Sinclair(Chelsea), Abou Diaby(Arsenal), Giorgos Samaras(Manchester City) and Chris Eagles(Manchester United)

Also get a feeder/Parent club as Balckpool aren't affiliated with anyone, those are just a handful of players but there are many more. Most should come wanting alot of first team football but some may not come.

P.S Sorry about posting late, was updating my story. :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Brilliant work you two! I will deffo take a look at those players once we are done with this Inverness friendly. Rhys and Rich, please can one of you at least post a team so I can see who you think should play...

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
midfielder and striker we can get for 250k?!

Bogdan Stancu is a AMC/FC I think and he can be picked up for £250k and would come to the Championship. Or there is Torje(£250k, Barazite(£150k). There are also some decent bargins like Sburlea(£26k), Sepsi(£50k) and possibly Andronic(£50k). If I was you I would take a look at all I have said as some of them could be great signings.

Also when loaning players make sure not to offer a fee or wage as you could proably get someone better/the smae as/just worse as the person who won't require a fee or a wage. Just a hint. ;)

Head scout is I. :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Blackpool vs Inverness CT @ Bloomfield Road, Blackpool

Welcome to today's friendly match between Between home side Blackpool and Inverness CT, all live on PlanetCricket.net. Blackpool, also known as The Seasiders, were taken over by PlanetCricket.net a month ago and play their first game under their ownership. With much chopping and changing during the month it's been you do wonder how well the new boss has been able to work with the players ahead of this game. Mr Briggs was hired and sacked within 2 weeks and Jack Teague was brought in. There has been staff changes as well as transfer movement since Teague's arrival. All eyes are on The Seasiders for this encounter.

Lets take a look at the teams:

friendlyvsinvernessctjm6.jpg

Teague has chosen to play Rhys Evans over Paul Rachubka in the Blackpool goal. Andy Morrell plays instead of Keigan Parker, in what looks like an experience over youth decision. New boy, Seyfo Soley plays at the heart of the defence alongside Kaspars Gorkss, with Michael Jackson and Ian Evatt on the bench. Andy Marsh at left midfield is the man to watch for The Seasiders. His pace and skill could trouble Tokely at right back for Inverness.

The Match
Blackpool 2-1 Inverness CT
Hoolahan '21, Morrell '55 - Niculae '71

Referee: Chris Francis
Attendance: 2506

Blackpool Match Ratings
GK - Evans - 7
DR - Barker - 7
DL - Hills - 7 (off '68)
DC - Soley - 6 (off '45)
DC - Gorkss - 7 (off '68)
MR - Fox - 7 (off '68)
ML - Welsh - 7 (off '89)
MC - Flynn (c) - 7 (off '89)
MC - Hoolahan - 8
FC - Taylor-Fletcher - 6 (off '45)
FC - Morrell - 7

Subs: Evatt (on '68) - 6, Jackson (on '45) - 6, Marsh (on '68) - 6, Parker ('on 45) - 7, Coid (on '89) - 6, Crainey (on '68) - 6, Southern (on '89) - 6

Unused subs: Rachubka

Man of the Match: Wes Hoolahan

Join us next time for Blackpool vs FC Bayern at Bloomfield Road, here only on PlanetCricket.net!

Users who are viewing this thread