Problems running the blic pc demo anybody?

mani_2002001 said:
hey guys can anybody help me on this
im getting this error(see screenshot)
im gettin this when i click on launch
i have the following specs:
P4 1.6GHZ
256 MB RAM
Sis 650 Integrated graphics
plzz help me out!!
i got same error but by changing display options game is working now .. default is 640*480 with 75MHz and mine is 17" lcd monitor so i changed to max resolution with 60MHz and it worked - so try by changing resolution and freq according to ur monitor

guys ! it not working ,,it crashes after one ball is bowled,,,
i am running on my Laptop with following configuration
XP prof
Pentium 4 - 3.06Ghz
512 MB RAM
RADEON.IGP 345M
Help me pleaseeeeeeeeeee !

userm said:
i got same error but by changing display options game is working now .. default is 640*480 with 75MHz and mine is 17" lcd monitor so i changed to max resolution with 60MHz and it worked - so try by changing resolution and freq according to ur monitor

thanks for ur reply but how shud i change the resolution of the monitor
changin the game resolutions does nothing
plzz let me know

thanks userm for ur reply i changed the resolution of the monitor and set it to 75 hz
that dint help at all the same error comes
plzz let me know the detailed way of running the game after u get that error message
thanks in advance

mani_2002001 said:
plzz let me know

thanks userm for ur reply i changed the resolution of the monitor and set it to 75 hz
that dint help at all the same error comes
plzz let me know the detailed way of running the game after u get that error message
thanks in advance
Try changing the resolution as well as the refresh rate.

mani_2002001 said:
plzz let me know
i changed game resolution and it worked fine for me dude , monitor resolution -u can change by RightClick on desktop-->properties-->settings-->screen resolution but it depends on ur monitor. if u have 15" -max is 1024*768 and if it is 17" max is 1280*960

change refresh rate also according to ur monitor supported frequency - i think default is 60 for monitors and in game its 75 .. if u want to change refresh rate for ur monitor - desktop-->properties-->settings-->advanced-->monitor-->screen refresh rate

Last edited:
userm said:
i changed game resolution and it worked fine for me dude , monitor resolution -u can change by RightClick on desktop-->properties-->settings-->screen resolution but it depends on ur monitor. if u have 15" -max is 1024*768 and if it is max is 1280*960

change refresh rate also according to ur monitor supported frequency - i think default is 60 for monitors and in game its 75 .. if u want to change refresh rate for ur monitor - desktop-->properties-->settings-->advanced-->monitor-->screen refresh rate
i have a 17" monitoer
i tried all ur tricks but it dint work out
i changed the game resolutions too but no help
plzz dude help me
if anybody know wat mite b wrong plzz help
i wanna play blc!!

mani_2002001 said:
i have a 17" monitoer
i tried all ur tricks but it dint work out
i changed the game resolutions too but no help
plzz dude help me
if anybody know wat mite b wrong plzz help
i wanna play blc!!
then i think problem is with ur integrated graphic card.. send a mail to codemasters team

I can't launch the bloody thing!I'm missing something(i think).'
'A temporary file needed for initialization could not be created or could not be written to.Make sure that the directory paths exist,and disk space is available.'
I'm useless with computers.Help me!

userm said:
then i think problem is with ur integrated graphic card.. send a mail to codemasters team
thanks for ur replies
yes i sent a mail to them
man but how the hell the game is working with intel integrated grafix??
i think ther is sum other problem
i mite b doin sumthin wrong

mani_2002001 said:
thanks for ur replies
i think its not working will all integrated ones .. mine is, "integrated intel GMA900 Gaphics card - 128MB"

guys i also had the cricket.exe error.......but i just got the prtoblem fixed.....
n i play my first game...!!!!!

THE Solution TO MY problem was.....

that i incresed the detail level to high n the game worked!!!!(which was default set on low setting)........

mani_2002001 said:
thanks for ur replies
Mani do you have directx 9.0c installed? Does your SIS grpahics support Directx 9.0c. I am assuming all the inegrated cards support directx 9.0c.

You can download directx 9.0 c here

Runs perfectly on the higest resolution, maximum anti aliasing and antistropic filtering and I don't even have that good a system. Unlike Cricket 2005 which didn't even start up.

2.2 Amd Athlon XP
512 DDR Ram
Radeon 9700 Pro

If some of you have a similar system then it must be some system conflict of some sorts, nothing to do with hardware. Just check around with your drivers etc....

thanks rahul and userm for ur replies
i got the game to work atleast
i found some drivers which were released by sis in 2004
installed them and the game ran(setting screen refresh rate to 75)
thank u all for replyin
if u can give me the link of the site where i can find the latest drivers for sis 650 integrated grafix
thanks in advance

mani_2002001 said:
thanks rahul and userm for ur replies
i got the game to work atleast
i found some drivers which were released by sis in 2004
installed them and the game ran(setting screen refresh rate to 75)
thank u all for replyin
if u can give me the link of the site where i can find the latest drivers for sis 650 integrated grafix
thanks in advance
u r welcome dude, try google search for those drivers and i forgot to mension that, game worked when i changed resolution and launch game from Configuration --> Launch game ..

Users who are viewing this thread