South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Hmmm, quite a knowledgable assessment....:P

Ignore him.He tries hard to show how much he supports the Aussies because he is`nt an Australian,he is Indian.The irony is that there has never been a better time to be an Indian supporter.

Aussies playing well, especially after the start. Similar thing happened to Australia at the Gabba vs New Zealand where Southee destroyed the top order. I was never too worried for Australia, I knew somewhere down the line things would get back on track.

How about Ponting out first ball to a half volley haha. He'll be kicking himself. Shows what kind of form he's in though. Hussey's was the best ball, Hayden was undone by a ball which easily could have been left but being the first ball around the wicket possibly played on his mind.

Both these bastman doing well,100+ partnership,Katich & Clarke playing really well,they are rebuilding Aus inngs...

Nice 50s from Katich and Clarke, Katich in particular has been solid as ever. Clarke a bit iffy but still there which is the key.

Saw the start on the TVs at the MCG for the Sheffield Shield game today, and I was glad I had some decent cricket to watch on the real pitch :p

Good to see Katich and Clarke doing well now though, they are easily our best two batsmen at the moment. I think it's time to drop Hayden, although his Boxing Day record makes me wonder whether one more test is worth it. Certainly if we lose this one I'd drop him. Chris Rogers is back in form, second most runs in the Shield so I'd give him the first crack with Jaques injured.

Stupid shot Clarke, with a wicket down only 6 balls prior that was irresponsible. Good captaincy by Smith again, he's really impressed me.

The LBW was a tad harsh, coulda gone either way.

I predict Symonds to score big here.

Last edited:
SA back in front again, Clarke certainly loves having an early break. Here is Symonds and Haddin chance to cement their spots in the side.

Yeah, let's just drop Ricky Ponting aswell. I mean his only scored 1 more 100 then Hayden this year in Test Cricket so his obviously past his best.

Good partnership, but Clarke played a stupid shot. There's no need to go over the top in a test, especially after the loss of a wicket. Great bowling by SA, they need to get a wicket straight after tea so that they can get into the tail. Both Symonds and Haddin will need to get 50s if Australia wants to pose some kind of a challenging total.

Simon Katich shuffles a lot,but he tried his best,he had a good partnership with Clarke,SA back in game,they got 2 set bastman out...

Symonds got himself out. I was half right, Symonds got a score. Silly shot really. Got a bit carried away. He looked so good.

Users who are viewing this thread