South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Well this year anyway. There was seam movement across him and he just wofted at it, did the same against Southee in the 1st test against NZ. Hayden definitely struggles against swing, or any sort of movement, again proven by his record in England and NZ.

Further proof that if there's seam movement or swing early on, Hayden fails. Had a brilliant 2008 hasn't he :p
Yes. Because in Australia the pitches are so flat that the ball never swings or seams. Glad we put that theory to rest. What are you gonna say about his average in Australia now?

Perhaps playing silly, loose shots is contagious. Aussies musta caught it off some of the NZ batsmen.

Just the way those 3 play, when it comes out everyone is thinking how amazing when it doesn't everyone goes what a silly shot.

Hehe poor Ntini almost had Johnson caught but really for that shot it deserved a 4 and thats what it got in the end.

Yes. Because in Australia the pitches are so flat that the ball never swings or seams. Glad we put that theory to rest. What are you gonna say about his average in Australia now?

Lol, I was winding you up. Of course he doesn't struggle everytime there's movement. He averages 52 in Test Cricket.

Love watching Steyn bowl, he's got such a smooth and flowing action, so good to watch. Such a class bowler. South Africa have a brilliant bowling attack.

Morkel has bowled really well, hes looked the most threatening of the SA bowlers in particular his fuller ball. Harris has been pretty good as well, accurate and got a bit of turn to cause the batters problems.

Krejza is looking very solid, and Siddle is meant to be a good bat so we should be able to get 350 maybe 400 if Siddle can stick around.

aussies have already scored a pretty decent score on the first day. .scoring pretty quickly as well. great start to the test match :)

wow what a last session (around 170 runs I think):eek: Disappointing to see few batsmen throw their wickets away but 350 is a good total after the bad start we had. Good to see Symonds make runs under pressure , I think a big score is just around the corner. Katich , pup and Haddin all looked in great form as well. SA slightly on top I reckon.

PS - Steyn didn't look all that good , not really living up to the hype.

Last edited:
Steyn's about 5km down on pace. I don't think he was too bad, he bowled a little loose. It's a pretty flat pitch. Give him a few more looks before judging him.

It takes a pretty good ball to dislodge Hussey.

Steyn's about 5km down on pace. I don't think he was too bad, he bowled a little loose. It's a pretty flat pitch. Give him a few more looks before judging him.

It takes a pretty good ball to dislodge Hussey.

He was only bowling around 140-145. I was expecting him to push up to 155 and didn't see any swing/seam or reverse swing. He bowled well early but after that he was all over the shop.Bowling first on a WACA pitch , I think he couldve done lot better.

But the pitch is a belter and its only day 1 of the series. I am sure he will improve....I hope he does.

I reckon its pretty even after the first day. Aus got about 40 more runs than what we would have liked but we got 9 wickets. The ball hasn't really swung for any bowler and that's steyn's main weapon.

I reckon all the bowlers did a good job apart from kallis who was disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread