South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

I miss Gilly :(

Mitchall Johnson is bowling a fair few wides, I reckon he is the bowler the Saffers will go after early on.

Nice little partnership there. Steyn was very ordinary today. 375 is about par on this pitch but its more than enough if we bowl well. Need to get Smith early.

Mr.Cricket added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Krejza batted ahead of Mitch Johnson in this match.........and Johnson is good enough to bat at #3 for England. ;)

Krejza is an allrounder.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

I miss Gilly :(

Mitchall Johnson is bowling a fair few wides, I reckon he is the bowler the Saffers will go after early on.

Hopefully that will produce a wicket.

I'm expecting Amla to have a good series.

There has been a lot of talk about other players leading into this series, but hardly anything about Amla, he is a class player and I think he has flown under the radar a bit.

A bit disappointing that they couldn't close the innings a bit earlier. This is shaping up to be a very good test match.
Smith and Amla will need to stay in a while, with kallis in poor form and JP making his debut, these to are the key. Krejza is bowling nicely but Ponting is fielding far to defensively.

So that was indeed a good session for Australia. The last pair added some crucial runs and frustrated South Africa big time. The bowlers did a good job by ensuring that South Africa do not get off to a good start and the wicket of McKenzie didn't help the Proteas either. They are moving along very carefully at this point but they will need to get a move on.

Only Krejza has looked threatening so far hes getting a fair bit of turn to the right handers and to Smith hes getting nice drift and dip.

2/124 in 29 overs, a good session for South Africa, but the two wickets were well earned. Kallis came close to offering a third, but offered no genuine half-chance. Two or three more wickets today would turn the game against South Africa, though they will likely finish the day nearing 300 runs.

Krejza bowled a perfect off-spinners delivery to Alma...beautiful sight to watch that

De Villiers on thin ice against Siddle. The scoreboard says two fours, but they were both edged and the next ball was full and straight into his pad.

angryangy added 20 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

30 overs since Lee bowled. Interesting, not sure if he would crack the game apart, but interesting.

Krejza is now being played with ease by these two, doesn't look anywhere near as dangerous now. Other bowlers have been alright but not overly threatening.

Seems I was wrong about Johnson. He is class after all. He still picks up some lucky wickets, but does bowl some class deliveries. Looking much better than he did in India, and he gets class players out!

His first 2 were lucky but it seems to be his thing and as long as he keeps getting them he will be in our team. That last wicket was a goody, Ponting needed a wicket and Johnson deliveried. Lee could see his spot under pressure if he has a poor series here.

Users who are viewing this thread