South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Now 6 wickets for Johny Boy :happy lol .................Proteas . This is absolutely BT Collapse :D

7fer now. This is awesome. Harris gone as well. Johnson is awesome. 145+K's, accuracy, bounce, a little bit of swing. Top class. This guy's a definite talent.

5/2 off 21 balls in this spell. One heck of a bowling change.

Yeah Johnson bowls some horrible balls but when he puts it in the right place he's a very good bowler. He easily looked the best bowler during the series against New Zealand. He's dangerous because he attacks and pitches the ball up. He'll get slammed for the odd boundary. It's rare to have left handers bowling that fast he's such an asset because Right Handers wouldn't be used to that kind of pace from that angle. Great spell, easily his best.

What a collapse from South Africa. They were cruising. They had a good chance to make a lead but now face a 100+ run deficit. I think the tailender's putting on those runs set the tone for the day, it was all Australia. SA had a few guys picking up 50's but no one went on (Much like what happened to the NZ side). I put it down to Australia having bowlers steaming in all day at the same intensity.

Johnson has been very underrated, but I think he might just get the credit he deserves. Still time for an 8 or 9 wicket haul here too, he'll get the new ball for it.

He's been the kinda guy who always gets you 2 or 3 wickets in an innings. Only in his last few games he he made big hauls which is a good sign for Australia. So rating him lowly was probably fair. He bowls 140+ consistently so no one would have been taking him lightly.

I put it down to Australia having bowlers steaming in all day at the same intensity.
Yes, that is a very good point. I have to say I was very curious of the tactics in the middle overs, but clearly a good plan was executed. The shock troops were kept fresh and as South Africa's intensity waned, the bowlers were unyielding and a late charge forced the rout.

Hes was overrated to begin with in particular getting into our test side with no FC form.
Then became underrated due to most of his wickets being lucky, but today against a good batting lineup hes shown he can still get wickets.

Mitch Johnson , take a bow sir!!! wow what a spell of fast bowling. Hes always had the talent to be a special bowler and now he is starting to reach his potential. The scary thing is that hes still learning and developing as a bowler. Geez if he could get the inswinger going and improve his accuracy a bit , he could be the next Wasim Akram. Now you know why I wanted Mitch in the team from the start. oh and Dale who ?

Mr.Cricket added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Some credit should also go to other 3 bowlers. Krezja bowled a beauty to Amla and I am sure he will cause some havoc in the second dig. Lee and Siddle also bowled ok without much luck. Chokers will be kicking themselves though , they had a great chance to get a lead of around 150.

Job is still not done though. Boucher is a top player , he can easily make lot of runs with the tail. We MUST get the next two wickets early tomorrow and get 100+ lead. Hopefully Mitchy will get 9fer.

Ten overs ago, South Africa were cruising on 234 for 3 with de Villiers and Kallis batting with ease.Ricky Ponting gave the ball to Johnson and everything changed.7 wickets! everything changed,now SA trail by 132 runs with 2 wickets remaining,if Aus could wrap here and get a lead of around 80-90 that will be really good for them...Lets see now tomorrow how both teams play...If Aus pick up those two wickets early and dont loose their wickets then they would like to lead of 500..lets see

Users who are viewing this thread