South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Good spell by Mitch. I've never seen him bowl like that before. I actually enjoyed watching him - That proves just how good the spell was! :eek:

He bowled the cutter well, and used his brain. He kept a consistent pace too. If he bowls like that throughout his career I can see him taking a lot more wickets then Lee.

I loved the way he was really steaming in and hurling the ball down hard. His intensity never waned, but he still used good, accurate, fast and strategic bowling.

wow, just wow.

Fantastic bowling from mitch. It was just bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,...crazy. Great work and aussies look to get the first innings points here.

Yeah, he kept steaming in and it looked like he was laying down after he took the 7th wicket :p It was hot there, but he didn't hold back. Good man.

7 wickets for Mitchell Johnson, what a miracle??

A miracle??? I sometime prefer to remain neutral, but I must say this is no miracle, the guy can bowl.
I have read a lot of stuff about Johnson in this forum, bad stuff more than good, but so far in 2008, 13 matches 57 wickets @ 27.15 for me he has nothing to prove because he takes wickets and with good balls as well, and top order batsmen as well. So far in the current match, he has been superb!!!

Wow, took a butchers at cricinfo and saw mitch took 7 so am now watching the highlights, I love watching both the teams playing so am enjoying this one even though its onlt finished the second day.

I have to say the aussie tail looks very strong, Krejza really looks like he knows how to bat! Very Impressive!

Krejza is a bowling all-rounder. Has a first class average of 22 and hit a double ton for NSW under 19's when opening up.

A bowlin all rounder batting at 9! Wow! I am really excited to see what the ashes will bring. I think the aussies have the better batting tail but England probably have the actual better bowlers. But that is for a seperate thread. Looking forward to seeing mitch's 7fer

wow, just wow.

Fantastic bowling from mitch. It was just bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,...crazy. Great work and aussies look to get the first innings points here.

can't agree more. .great stuff from mitch :( . .. shocking tbh :eek: and disheartening as well :crying

Can anyone tell me if Ashwell Prince is injured?? I noticed that he was replaced by JP, but I did not gather if he was left out of the SA team or if it is due to injury!!!

A miracle??? I sometime prefer to remain neutral, but I must say this is no miracle, the guy can bowl.
I have read a lot of stuff about Johnson in this forum, bad stuff more than good, but so far in 2008, 13 matches 57 wickets @ 27.15 for me he has nothing to prove because he takes wickets and with good balls as well, and top order batsmen as well. So far in the current match, he has been superb!!!
Yeah, he is a good bowler but never seen him getting wickets after wickets.

Can anyone tell me if Ashwell Prince is injured?? I noticed that he was replaced by JP, but I did not gather if he was left out of the SA team or if it is due to injury!!!

Yeh mate broke his finger
big loss for the sa's
isnt he the vice captain

Users who are viewing this thread