South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Ok, so Ponting and Hussey, I was close.

Great game, almost made it to last over and was closer then i'd have guessed. Not bad from SA. Their slow start hurt them.

Warner was never going to back-up. People have worked him out a bit already. Bowl him more balls outside off stump and bowl some on the offstump and make him play across the line. He hits 90% through midwicket/mid on. Pretty one dimensional at the moment to be brutally honest.

Last edited:
Good game. Both teams played quite well, South Africa lost it a bit at that stage. Hussey, Ponting and White took over. Still a lot of Cricket to be played this summer.

Disappointing batting and fielding by South Africa, Duminy should have got Whites wicket and I'm guessing (didn't see it my self) that boucher should have made the stumping. Australia have outplayed us in every way in these T20. Only Botha and Duminy are positives, especially Botha's bowling today, he kept it tight and went for less than 5 an over.

Great win that.

Well done Hussey and some great power hitting from White at the end.

Stupid moron with the laser pointer however, will be news on that Im sure.

Good win for us in the end. Its good to win couple of games running in to the One day series. Great to see Hussey get few runs under the belt as well. But the biggest positive has to be the emergence of Dave Warner. Hes just a brilliant striker of the cricket ball. We should get him in to the ODI team coz hes the kind of bloke who can win you a game in 10 overs.

Good win for us in the end. Its good to win couple of games running in to the One day series. Great to see Hussey get few runs under the belt as well. But the biggest positive has to be the emergence of Dave Warner. Hes just a brilliant striker of the cricket ball. We should get him in to the ODI team coz hes the kind of bloke who can win you a game in 10 overs.

And also the kind of Bloke who can drown us from the very begining :p He is a great hitter but he should not go for hit every time.

And also the kind of Bloke who can drown us from the very begining :p He is a great hitter but he should not go for hit every time.

Gilly trying to smash the bowlers from ball 1 worked out allrite for us in the last few years.

Mr.Cricket added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

My team for the One Dayers (if Clarke , Symonds and Johnson not available)

Marsh
Warner
Ponting
Hussey
Hussey
White
Haddin
Hopes
Bracken
Hilfenhaus
Tait

the guy who said M hussey is too slow for one dayers an 20/20 must be feelin pretty silly right about now.

Like i said U need guys like him in the side so that when the big hitters fail they can score at over run a ball without much risk an resuce the innings but you dont really want to many of them in the team because its meant to be fun an we just wanna see big hitting.
Hussey has never been a slow scorer even in tests unless its a hard pitch to bat on an needs to concentrate on survival.
I would always choose hussey over Clarke to rescue an innings in the short games an also score quickly.

An what is it with all these fools who say Ponting is useless in 20/20s he has an avg close to 40 and im sure his strike rate is over 115.

Users who are viewing this thread