South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

SA are in an all right position. I dunno about this Van Jarsveld guy though. He looked out of his league in the field and in the Twenty/20's. Not good enough at present i'd presume. I think Australia should win due to lack of proven SA firepower

If Duminy goes any time soon i'd have my money on Aussies.

Last edited:
Gotta love Hussey and Clarke. They're really flexible bowlers who don't turn it much, but can be fast, economical and difficult.

Game is still dead even as long as they don't lose wickets in the next few overs and keep the run rate flowing. Bouchers really going to have to step up.

We need to break this partnership, this Duminy is a real class has great future ahead :) Tait is now lacking the speed :( even in T20 he used to bowl quick in his 1st spell then suddenly low down.

Just got back from the G. Dissapointed that I had to leave early, but mum didn't want to pick me up at 11:30pm at night.

Looks like it's going to be a close game.

Marsh batted very very well, clobbered a six right near where I was sitting. Ponting and Hussey both looked good.

Van Jaarsveld was halaarious dropping all those catches. You have to feel for him, everyone was going nuts.

I hope SA hold the batting power play for the final 5 overs. I want to see how that goes with chasing. I'd imagine it would be basically impossible to defend the final 5 if that happened. When chasing it could be a good option.

Well bowled Nathan, well caught Craig - as I call him after Greig said "That's the end of Craig White" - and good innings JP, 71 with no boundarys at a strike rate of 76, far out.

Last edited:
It seems South Africa was doing great, but I just saw the scorecard of South Africa and Duminy just got out by Bracken.

South Africa can reach this score.

Well bowled Nathan, well caught Craig - as I call him after Greig said "That's the end of Craig White" - and good innings JP, 70 with no boundarys at a strike rate of 76, far out.
He made 71. It's a great thing to reach 70 with no boundries.

Duminy did a really great thing of reach those 71 runs without a boundary. That means he had to run a lot.

One becomes two. That's what they need here, because even mediocre partnerships will scrape over the line.

That was a quality inswing from Tait :D Bouchi gone for duck, quack quack :p

Users who are viewing this thread