South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

I thought you would want Nannes over Harwood, Dean? Still wouldn't mind either in over Harris.
Harris I suspect has been picked on potential, all round ability and FC form. Nannes probably missing out partly through age and batting skill.

Anyway Harris isn't playing and Hauritz is expected to be 12th man.
Predicted ODI side
Warner
Marsh
Ponting
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
White
Hopes
Johnson
Hilfy
Tait

I thought you would want Nannes over Harwood, Dean? Still wouldn't mind either in over Harris.
Harris I suspect has been picked on potential, all round ability and FC form. Nannes probably missing out partly through age and batting skill.

Anyway Harris isn't playing and Hauritz is expected to be 12th man.
Predicted ODI side
Warner
Marsh
Ponting
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
White
Hopes
Johnson
Hilfy
Tait

To be honest this is like the 6th ranked ODI side in the world. Just with one or two changes we can shift up like 3 or 4 places.

If our batters were in form we would shift up a bit. Just need Johnson to step up, and getting Tait back to his peak would help. Will also be a good test for Hussey bowling at a pretty flat track and short boundaries.

Shattering to see Bracks injured, i say this Series is basically over now without Bracks in the side.

Boucher's injury is a blow to SA. Such a cool head in pressure situations.

Its blow but with AB we are covered as far as the keeping goes. Another chance for van jaarsveld to prove himself. He is much better than what he has shown so far.

With Bracken out it's time for Johnson to step up. He's the senior bowler now.

Bracken is a colossal loss. My money (if I had any) would be on South Africa. They look a much stronger side all-round. Van Jarrsveld might come in for Boucher. If I were them i'd add Morne Morkel. Albie is good enough to play in Boucher's position at 7. He has been exceptional at 8 mind you.

Hilfy better make the eleven over Hauritz.

Last edited:
Its blow but with AB we are covered as far as the keeping goes. Another chance for van jaarsveld to prove himself. He is much better than what he has shown so far.

But a big loss in the field. Perhaps Duminy moves to mid-off/mid-on now and they put jaarsveld/Morne at mid-wicket? Maybe Amla.

Australia are looking beyond mediocre. South Africa have lost oodles of experience in Smith and Boucher and perhaps now Kallis yet they look much stronger. Probably because players like Mckenzie and Duminy have stepped up. But then again new players= new blood= enthusiasm. We need a Ponting special. A massive Hundred gives us a good chance.

Lol can't believe how many times Ponting has won the toss lately, he couldn't win one in India where we could have used 1 or 2. So once again Aus batting first.

The funny thing is that whoever, who has won the toss in this series, went on to lose that match. Australia won the toss twice and South Africa once. So based on that, Australia should lose this match.

Here we go: Warner is out for one run. Australia is now at 9-1.

Warner really should have kept that down. One thing I did hear was the crowd chanting his name, haven't heard that since Warne and Gilly.

Nice shots here from Marsh, looking a lot better today.

And here is another one. Marsh is gone as well. Australia is at 17-2.

Users who are viewing this thread