South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Real shame that as he was hitting them very well. Looks to be a real good track although Ntini was getting some away swing to the lefties. Just have to keep the ball on the ground.

Mike Hussey is batting himself into form. He just hit a six against a no ball.

Botha again makes the break through. Even though Hussey batted well this is the problem when we move him to 4. Hes out and thus isn't around for his specialty i.e the death overs.

Botha gets two wickets, Australia is at 128-5 after 23.5 overs and this will probably be another loss.

I remember some Australian fans saying, they actually wanted their country to lose, because it was so boring to see that Australia won all the time. :rolleyes: How about now? Australia is still the number one though.

Australia in the deep poo.

I do have to say, Botha's a chucker. Anyone see those replays they just showed? Obvious chucking action.

Really poor shot by Haddin for the situation. Hes been in these sorts of positions plenty of time for NSW, expected better from him. Over to the Victorians, good chance for White to show what hes got.

geez this i a wonderful and smart batting display by australia an guys wanting to get a permanent spot in the team.

Keep up the great work :noway

David Hussey is also out. Australia should be lucky if they reach 200 runs.

Botha missed a run-out right after the Hussey dismissal. You'd think he'd be good at throwing the ball at the stumps. He does it every time he delivers the ball.

Australia have lost this already basically. They're screwed.

We were screwed when Ponting went. With out attack we needed at least 300.
Dussey hasn't fixed our throwing our wicket away problemr. This was the perfect chance to cement or at least make it hard for the selectors to drop him.

I'd take Tait over Johnson anyday. Johnson is the most ordinary looking successful bowler I've ever seen, so I can't see him dominating sides for too long.

Such a short memory. I would ask about a bloke recently retired who was an ordinary looking bowler. Fast medium at best, didn't do a lot with the ball in the air, bowled well outside off all day and became a mainstay of the Australian bowling, McGrath.

There is, however, one guy that seems to disagree with your assessment of Johnson and has done so for the last couple of seasons and he is the one who decides who bowls and when. A chap named Ponting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread