or

Katich
Marsh
Haddin
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hopes

I really would like to see Haddin up the top order. He is a run scorer and he hits the ball hard. I think he would be good at 1 or 3 where he can take advantage of the powerplay overs then bring Ponting in at 4.

1st one I don't mind but absolute no to the 2nd. No point in moving Ponting from his best position and Haddin is too hit and miss to be in our best batting spot. Plus Katich and Marsh if off form could have us 20 from 10 overs.

I don't know why everyone has Katich as a renowned slow player. He can score very fast. His triple ton last year is a great example when he hit more then a hundred in a session.

I know moving Ponting is risky and will never happen, but Ponting can score fast when the field is back. I like the first one more, it's probably our best option.

I like having a hitter at the top so I'm expecting one of our openers to be going at a strike rate of 90+. Those quick fire starts can be the difference between 280 and 300. Pretty much all the good ODI sides have had one of these.

whats wrong with Hussey?

He's not making enough runs, when we're in a good position he fails to push forward, when we're down, he fails to resurrect the innings now. Just can't see him doing enough for Australias next generation of Cricket.

Such a clear difference from South Africa and Australia. South Africa have the fire-power of Gibbs, Kallis and De Villiers and even if they do collapse, they have players like Duminy and Boucher, even Morkel to save the innings. They have such a wonderful line-up for any situation. Australia do have that ability but it seems all over the place at the moment.

We have that ability, it's just we are batting in the wrong order

Haddin
Marsh
Ponting
Dussey
Clarke
Mussey

Hopes
Johnson

Bold: Firepower
Italics: Steady the innings
Underline: Lower order hitting.

Must say Hopes showed a lot more than the guys in the middle order. With this lineup I am tempted to put him up to 4. He at least seems to value his wicket.

I thought he showed it in the SCG when he went at 36 of 52. Considering the situation it was a fairly good innings he played. I didn't understand why everyone wanted him to be dropped. Economical, 1 or 2 wickets and a handy batsman he'll always contribute to the team.

Well I was reading before the 4th ODI that Ponting wasn't happy with how fast Hopes was scoring that match. For mind he needed to get more singles especially after the start we got. Hes good when playing as a batsmen, but as a bowler he does effect our ability to take wickets although our strike bowlers aren't doing too well in that department.

Well I was reading before the 4th ODI that Ponting wasn't happy with how fast Hopes was scoring that match. For mind he needed to get more singles especially after the start we got. Hes good when playing as a batsmen, but as a bowler he does effect our ability to take wickets although our strike bowlers aren't doing too well in that department.

Yeah I agree. Perfectly fine with him batting but when he bowls, he lacks that firepower to take wickets, which is something you want in every bowler.

Well good to hear Clarke is back anyhow, will be important in rebuilding from such a dominant display from South Africa. Hauritz axed is another concern to Australias potential future spinner. Really need Bracken back as well. With Lee out, he is the leader of the attack. Interesting to see who will miss out for Clarke.

but we cant afford to have a whole team of youngsters. there isnt enough people left to learn from.

with the Hayden thing, everyone wanted Warne back when our spinners werent so good, many sportsmen come out of retirement for their country, so why cant Hayden

gettin tired of u asking to bring hayden back hes gone get over it :rolleyes:

Difference between warne an hayden is
We have plenty of batsmen who can fill that opening role may not be as dominant but will still be very good.
Where as we wanted warne back coz u would think a 40 yr old could walk up an bowl spin noo troubles an we have absolutely no spinners that look close to being able to do half the job he did.
But after hearing warne an mcgill talk about all there wrsit an shoulder problems sounds like spin is extremely tough on those areas an hard to continue past 35.

Replacements for Hayden in odis could be Katich,Jaques,Hughes for consistancy or warner for hit an miss.

Krejza had a real good KFC bash where his economy was the best in the comp. But he hasn't played any FRC matches this season so can't really tell and usually he isn't even in the side. Maybe worth a shot, it could teach him to bowl more defensively, give him some experience and thus make him a better Test bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread